My feral cats.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:13 PM

[
Old 08-31-2011, 02:14 PM

We don't have any feral kitties around, but it is so hot and dry here that I have been feeding the squirrels! Poor things are so hungry they are trying to eat green pine cones and peanuts. They are pesky little rascals but so cute. One will come right up and take peanuts from my hand. My husband and friends think I'm nuts (pun intended), but I am so tenderhearted I can't bear the thought of them being hungry.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:24 PM

Have the same number and sizes of pets I see!

The earplugs sound like something Levi, our youngest cat would love. He really likes ping pong balls too. Not sure why the ping pong balls more than any other ball.

I never see any homeless pets much where I live - in the suburbs. I just couldn't stand it. I would take them all!

I have already been an animal lover and all of girls are too which is good.

Have a good day/night!

Meg
Old 08-31-2011, 02:34 PM

God bless all of you who are kind to animals. It isn't a task to be taken lightly. You're all richer for it.

Here's a picture of my feral. He sits on top of the garage waiting for unsuspecting squirrels to jump from the nearby nut tree. I have only been able to pet him 3 times in about 7 years. I tried to get rid of him because of digging in the flower beds. Then, one day I came home to three dead moles in front of the garage door. I made him a bed that night, and he has slept in the garage since, and has food and water year round. Not sure where he came from, he just showed up one day. Guess he's mine, because he brings me his dead stuff. His name is Mostly. And that's because the prizes he brings me are already dead. For the most part. Most of the time. Sometimes he's just so excited he caught something that he forgets to finish the job!!

Mostly the Cat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]249724[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249718.jpe  
Old 08-31-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
God bless all of you who are kind to animals. It isn't a task to be taken lightly. You're all richer for it.

Here's a picture of my feral. He sits on top of the garage waiting for unsuspecting squirrels to jump from the nearby nut tree. I have only been able to pet him 3 times in about 7 years. I tried to get rid of him because of digging in the flower beds. Then, one day I came home to three dead moles in front of the garage door. I made him a bed that night, and he has slept in the garage since, and has food and water year round. Not sure where he came from, he just showed up one day. Guess he's mine, because he brings me his dead stuff. His name is Mostly. And that's because the prizes he brings me are already dead. For the most part. Most of the time. Sometimes he's just so excited he caught something that he forgets to finish the job!!
LOVE HIM!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:35 PM

Thank you for doing this.... I too used to trap feral cats, spay/neuter and release with the help of a local vet.. they also got one rabies shot and wormed.. The vet was very kind to help and not charge me full price...
Old 08-31-2011, 02:44 PM

They are so sweet.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:53 PM

Guess he's mine, because he brings me his dead stuff.

Those are his love presents to you for taking care of him.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by New Quilter
A neighbor 2 doors down from my 87 yr young Mom has cats...a couple that she keeps indoors...she's never had them neutered/spayed, so they continue to reproduce...once the new litters are out of the cute kitten stage, she lets them loose outside and feels they are no longer her responsibilty to them, where they continue to reproduce and become feral...my Mom cannot stand to see them go hungry, even though she really cannot afford to feed them, she does...Mom has her own 2 indoor cats as well that have always had the life of luxury...I buy huge bags of dry cat food for them and I save all of our food scraps, chicken bones especially, and take there...one of the shyest always hides especially away from the others, has now begun to come out when I go there...and he has started to purr for me and wrap himself around my legs...I am a "dog" person, but this one has won my heart...Naomi
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Cats and dogs should NEVER have chicken bones. They splinter when they're chewed, and can tear apart their insides....
Old 08-31-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rntraveler
Thank you for doing this.... I too used to trap feral cats, spay/neuter and release with the help of a local vet.. they also got one rabies shot and wormed.. The vet was very kind to help and not charge me full price...
This group works in conjection with the Humane Society. They also give rabies shots but not worming. I have to pay a greatly reduced price for each one they work on but that I don't mind at all.
When we had MamaCat spayed, they did give her some subcu fluids due to the daytime temps soaring once again. It was a good thing because she didn't appear to eat or drink for three days. Saved her from dehydrating.