Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Fur-Baby is a genius!

Smile My Fur-Baby is a genius!

Why? Yesterday I went to visit my friend Ceri and her husband Paul, shortly after I arrived Paul excused himself to have a nap as he had been on a double night shift, Muffin followed him, she adores him and anyone going to bed has got to be a cue for her. An hour or so later Ceri said where is Muffin, and I replied I bet you a fiver she is on the bed with Paul BUT she wasn't!

All 3 of ours hunted the house and couldn't find her, then Paul said he has popped out to the garden so off we went and we found her, phew. She was sitting by the door of my car, what a clever girl.

The genius part is that she has only been to this house twice before and it is at the end of a cul-de-sac, I park on a lay by and walk the 100 yards or so up their drive to the front door. Muffin had explored her way around their enormous garden, gone down the drive, turned left and went a further 10 yards to the car, clever yes, but Muffin is 12 .5 years old and is blind in both eyes with cataracts.

AS I SAY MY FUR-BABY IS A GENIUS, IMO

Blog Entries
    What a smart girl, glad she is safe. Hugs from my 3 Goldens.

yes animals are so cute. they are so smart, and they learn fast.

It is amazing what they can do. Glad she is safe and sound

I forgot to add that if she hadn't turned left to the car and gone straight on, she would have been on the busy coastal road, I get cold thinking of it. Thank you for the hugs 3 Goldens

Blog Entries
    I bet she followed the scent to your car. You are right; she is a smart puppy! So glad that everything turned out okay. I bet she wishes she would have taken that nap with Paul!!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    Oh my, what a smart girl she is!!! next time, she needs to nap with you.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I bet she followed the scent to your car. You are right; she is a smart puppy! So glad that everything turned out okay. I bet she wishes she would have taken that nap with Paul!!!!
    Yes Aunty Piggy n Native Texan she loves her bed naps as you can see, and I only popped out of bed to go to the bathroom!

She is on my bed just now, my PC is in my bedroom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I'm glad she is so smart. So is her nose. She followed your and her scent back to the car, but don't you wonder how she knew she needed to do that? Barny

Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    I'm glad she is so smart. So is her nose. She followed your and her scent back to the car, but don't you wonder how she knew she needed to do that? Barny
    Yes I did, animals are amazing aren't they.

Power Poster
    Animals have a great sence of smell...My mom went to visit a friend about three blocks away one day and left her home..My dad accidently let her get out. She showed up on the front porch of my mom's friends home. The amazing thing is, she was blind and getting deaf...She crossed two main intersections to follow my moms sent...Dogs are wonderful....Our best friends....

Blog Entries
    Glad she is safe & sooooo smart.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

That is great! I wonder if she smelled her way to your car?

My little guy says "Way to go!" Marty, our little Morkie goes in closets and we close the door without knowing he is in there. He sits patiently until we come get him. We've always had big dogs and this little guy, turns one in three days, is a delight. He is a lover of cuddling which makes him all the more lovable. Animals are one of God's greatest gifts to us. I'm so happy to know your fur baby is well and may she live many more happy healthy years.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

She is smart to follow her nose to the car. Glad she's fine.

She is indeed a genius. My Son has a lab that is totally blind also, and chases sticks and does what all the other dogs do. Nobody thought to tell him he is blind

Quote Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
    She is indeed a genius. My Son has a lab that is totally blind also, and chases sticks and does what all the other dogs do. Nobody thought to tell him he is blind
    It's amazing isn't it, they certainly could teach us humans a thing or two managing so called disabilities!

i had a german shepherd who had lost sight in one eye and had limited vision in the other, my concern was of course when she lost all sight, what then???
    The vet's comment "many dogs run around blind and their owners are even unaware, she would get along and get around.."
    I lost her not long after that to a fast, horrible, aggressive form of Lymphosarcoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Anne B. View Post
    I lost her not long after that to a fast, horrible, aggressive form of Lymphosarcoma.
    I am so sorry to hear that, I lost a lovely wee doggy called Bonny many years back, to that and she was only 18 months old, it was terrible

I am so glad she is safe! What a clever kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
    I am so glad she is safe! What a clever kitty!
    Thank you she is clever but she is a cute old lady doggy, see her in my avatar, she hates CATS!

BTW that purple toy is 6 years old, it's losing it's colour has a split in one end but stills squeaks and she LOVES it :0

South East Michigan...at the bottom of the thumb!
    She looks so comfy lying in your bed. Glad she is safe. These fur babies end up meaning so much to us. I can' t imagine not having my dogs!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Wonderful amazing animals .. So good for us humans for sure !! we all love our fur babies and animal babies ...
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    She is adorable. One of my Silky Terriers was blind for the last few years of her life (she was 16 1/2 when she passed). I think they just know where we are..we moved and I was afraid for her but she adjusted really quickly. They are so smart. Give her a hug for me.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

We breed Rat Terriers and have told several people they NEED to be smarter than the dog to have the dog. They can be so smart, they could teach some people things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast