my most exciting news!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 06:44 PM

Yippppeee!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:12 PM

I am a retired RN. I worked 12 hour shifts...but someone was always calling off and they would ask you to do a 16...SIGH...they are hard. I am glad you are done with them
Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 AM

I did 10 hour night shifts for about ten years. Moved to days about 6 years ago. I never want to go back to nights ever again. you always feel like you are jet lagged
Old 06-21-2010, 02:53 AM

How wonderful for you and your husband. It is nice to see good things happen to brighten your day/life!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

thanks everyone for sharing my excitement...before January i had worked 12 hour shifts for about 6 years..at one job but had a different job too...then last fall my hubby put his foot down and said... YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 1 JOB...I DON'T CARE WHICH JOB YOU KEEP THATS YOUR CHOICE BUT ONLY 1...YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORK 2 OR 3 JOBS...SO MAKE A CHOICE AND BY THE FIRST OF THE YEAR...so, i made a choice and the one i chose was the one with the long shift...i thought that it would provide me with more time off for sewing...well turns out...i may have had time off but i was usually pretty -worthless- for at least the first day; i never really adjusted. i would start my day at 7-8am, leave for work at 2pm (45 min.drive)work until 7am...by the time i got home i'd have been up to 24 hours or more...i'd crawl into bed sleep till about noon, get up and 'try' to accomplish something...usually didn't happen, i'd be worthless for the day...sleep that night, get up the next morning and do it again...so anyhow...
the medical field can be tough!
everyone thought i had made a poor choice on choosing the job to keep...i work in the private duty sector of the field...the job i kept the client is 96 years old...the othe 2 jobs i had one was in late 50's the other in 40's...probably be around longer...but this one...i love this one...we take very good care of him i have no reason to believe we won't be having a 100 birthday party...and my dh and i talked it over and decided no matter what happens in our life i will not leave this one until he passes away..;even if we won the lottery i would be at this job until the end...so when the opportunity came up to switch positions i jumped on it! i never imagined it happening, the person who had that shift for years i never expected to leave...but she did...
going home at 3pm yesturday and sleeping in my bed with my hubby was such a treat! i even managed to get borders on a backing for my sister's quilt before dinner!(had to make the backing bigger..i screwed up/brain dead) i am so excited to have sewing time with a clear (er) head! and hubby seems to think if i do things right maybe just maybe by the time this client passes i will be making enough quilting that i wont have to go find another one...hmmmmmm wouldn't that be something?
anyway...thanks for all of your well wishes and (listening) to me go on and on about this...yes i am so HAPPY!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Banned

I am so glad you get to be normal. I will do the happy dance for you. God bless. Penny
Old 06-22-2010, 01:51 AM

Congratulations!