Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My new hobby...like I need another one!

My new hobby...like I need another one!

I am slowly taking up jewelry making. And I have made a few things for myself.

These are for my sister and her daughter, Miss Nat.
    Miss Nat doesn't have pierced ears and doesn't want them, but she loves earrings.
    So I made her three pairs of clip ons. The bears and peace signs are made from turquoise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Very pretty....a girl can never have enough earrings! Don't forget to check out charity shops and church bazaars. I have found they are a great source of beads/gems and bits and pieces...I frequently buy necklaces, bracelets etc and take them apart...even quite awful ones have some pretty beads amongst them....best of all they are usually really cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
    Very pretty....a girl can never have enough earrings! Don't forget to check out charity shops and church bazaars. I have found they are a great source of beads/gems and bits and pieces...I frequently buy necklaces, bracelets etc and take them apart...even quite awful ones have some pretty beads amongst them....best of all they are usually really cheap.

I do that too. I would have loved to have my Aunt's "jewels". She had all kinds of necklaces, earrings and bracelets as well as rings. She must have had every possible color in beads. All to match her very colorful polyester outfits...LOL
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    They are great!! I did jewelry making for awhile but on one trip to see my grandkids, we discussed jewelry making. When I got home, I mailed them all my stuff!! Wish I had more time to do all the things I want to do.

Very pretty. Little girls love jewelry and some grown girls too. I have pierced ears and wear simple plain earrings.
    I use to crochet and do silk flower arrangements, baskets and wreaths. I donated all my supplies and now devote my free time to just quilt making.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

The creative urge in you will not stop and the rest of the world benefits!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    they came out great. isn't jewelry making addictive. (kinda like quilting)
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    I do earrings also.

I also used to do beading and jewelry making. I can't anymore due to my neck and shoulder problems. I am hanging on to my stuff in hopes my DGD will want to have it when she gets older.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    LOL I think we all had a colorful relative who had matchey matchey on their beads .. I know mine was a very colorful Grandmother whom had to have everything match ..

Very nice on your jewelry for sure ..! thanks for sharing
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

About 20 years ago we took a trip to Albuquerque and visited the pueblos in the area. I loved the hand made jewelry, the turquoise and the designs. I think they are very nice. I know the bears are a special totem for most Native Americans.

Blog Entries
    I do jewelry making also jewelry embroidery, string and looming. It is as addictive as quilting and one also starts a stash. I tought my granddaughter how to bead and she has sold a lot of pieces, she than tought my greatgrand daughter to bead. I recently went through my stash and gave her a ton of supplies. and I still have more beads than I could use in my life time then their is scrap booking card making and stamping plus a little crocheting can you tell I am a craftaholic. Since I was a shut in all fall and all winter I at least had something to do besides watching tv

I love the peace signs....I think its great that you have another hobby - it will keep you out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
    I love the peace signs....I think its great that you have another hobby - it will keep you out of trouble.
    Don't count on it!

Trouble is always looking for me.

Miss Nat called last night. The earrings are a hit! She says she loves them even more knowing I made them specially for her.

My sister loved her earrings too. I sent this along with the earrings.....

It's a wooden plaque she can hang on the wall or sit on a shelf.
    Attached Images Attached Images