Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My new puppy (pics)

Blog Entries

My new puppy (pics)

A year, (almost to the day) after loosing my beloved Que`bie, I have been blessed with a puppy. He has made my heart so much lighter... glad I broke down and accepted him, I wasn't sure I was "ready" yet. I'd like to introduce you all to....."Yeti".

My Quebie (RIP buddy): Que`bie was the white Pyr....

~~Fabric Resource Center...now does that sound more impressive than "Fabric Junkie" ?~~

Wow, he's going to be big! They are all cuties. I know what you mean about being ready. I put my Ellie, a boxer mix, down Thanksgiving day 2010. At the beginning of February 2011 I started thinking about getting another dog but wasn't sure. Then I had a dream about Ellie and knew I was ready. We got another boxer February 25,2011 and named her Molly. She's sweet, but very high energy!! lol

Dogs are precious.

He is just adorable, I want to pick him up and bury my face in that fluffy white fur, so sweet. Congrats to you and your new 'fur child'.

So cute. Our hearts are always ready to accept a new pet whether we realize it at the time or not.
    Good luck to you.

I have a Pyr, they are so funny. I hope you enjoy your new baby. It is so hard to lose a furkid. If you don't mind my asking, how old was your Pyr that you lost? My guy is getting old.

Blog Entries
    Que`bie was only 4, but he had an accident while I was away from home.
    My other pyrs lived (happily) between 9 and 11 years.
    ~~Fabric Resource Center...now does that sound more impressive than "Fabric Junkie" ?~~

I use to raise these when I had sheep, they are great dogs and look like lil polar cubs when they are pups.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Beautiful dog.. Think I would dread all the shedding, but you must be used to it.. I've been there where I waited a year, and got Socrates.. I've loved every minute since he was eight weeks old.. He just turned seven..
    If you have a chance.. Start taking pictures once a week, and watch him grow.. Try weighing him once a week.. It's amazing how fast the weight goes up.. I had to do it because Socks was the runt of the litter, and the rest were double the size of him.. He made it to 17 lbs (thanks to my dad), and I'm happy to say he's steady at 15 lbs of muscle..
    Enjoy
    Barri

Blog Entries
    Oh so soft and cuddly. I miss my dogs but don't think I will have another. It hurts to much to say goodbye and my DIL is alergic and I had Silkie Terriers...not supposed to bother alergies but they made her sneeze, wheeze and have red eyes. Peach doesn't bother her so the cat will have to fill the void. He does!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

What worked for me was to get another dog when I had the previous one put down. Usually found one the same day. Having a puppy, house training and seeing all the cuteness and energy sure took my mind off my loss for a while. It hurts to lose pets but, look at all the good times you miss.
    That puppy is adorable, I had all toy size dogs except for a large dog we rescued from neglect.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo View Post
    I use to raise these when I had sheep, they are great dogs and look like lil polar cubs when they are pups.
    I used to have dairy goats... that's what origionally got me into Pyrs. I don't have goats right now, but still adore those Pyrs.

Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    Beautiful dog.. Think I would dread all the shedding, but you must be used to it.. I've been there where I waited a year, and got Socrates.. I've loved every minute since he was eight weeks old.. He just turned seven..
    If you have a chance.. Start taking pictures once a week, and watch him grow.. Try weighing him once a week.. It's amazing how fast the weight goes up.. I had to do it because Socks was the runt of the litter, and the rest were double the size of him.. He made it to 17 lbs (thanks to my dad), and I'm happy to say he's steady at 15 lbs of muscle..
    Enjoy
    Barri
    I try to get a pic weekly, (My camera is on the fritz). I do know he gained 10 pounds last week. He is now 11 weeks old and weighs 40#.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    What worked for me was to get another dog when I had the previous one put down. Usually found one the same day. Having a puppy, house training and seeing all the cuteness and energy sure took my mind off my loss for a while. It hurts to lose pets but, look at all the good times you miss.
    That puppy is adorable, I had all toy size dogs except for a large dog we rescued from neglect.
    There was no way I could have gotten another puppy when I lost Que`bie... actually, it took a long time before I could even talk about him, hear his name, or see a Pyr without bawling.

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    Oh so soft and cuddly. I miss my dogs but don't think I will have another. It hurts to much to say goodbye and my DIL is alergic and I had Silkie Terriers...not supposed to bother alergies but they made her sneeze, wheeze and have red eyes. Peach doesn't bother her so the cat will have to fill the void. He does!
    Yes, it hurts to loose them, but they enrich my life so much and help make me a better person.... it's worth it in my eyes.

Blog Entries
    We rescued our Pyr. from a shelter as a puppy and she is my shadow! She was underweight yet still the biggest 4 month old around. Now around 140 lbs at 17 months, she still wants to nap on my lap, not the floor. GH says he was not aware that butter CAME without fur in it , anyway. Congratulations on opening your heart again. Keep us updated as she grows!
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Our pyr used to jump fences like a horse. Loved him!

I have a pry/retreiver mix - she looks just like your Quebie in the face, but has longer hair like a golden. She was a rescue at our local shelter, so I went ahead and adopted her at 6 months of age. Had 3 other dogs at the time - 2 labs and a golden retriever. Now I am down to 1 lab, golden and my pyr. She is a great watchdog - very sweet, except to strangers.
    Love those big dogs!!!

Power Poster
    What a beautiful big boy..........I know you will both love each other for a long time to come and he will fill the void in your life that was lef by the loss of Quebie...Good Luck to you both and Blessings to all.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing. I had a boxer we rescued from a neighbor beating him. we had him 14 years. We had to put him down and I still cry at Thamksgiving when we did. That was 7.5 years ago. still cry.

Oh good heavens, how sweet is that beautiful face.
    ranbro

What a beautiful baby!! Some BABY!!! He is one georgeous hunk....I can just imagine giving him a hug!!! Please give him a hug for me .
    We had to say good bye to our Sassy in Aug and this Dec we got another pup.....yes they make our hearts sing!!!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Blog Entries
    He is just so sweet and gentle. So much fun!
    He just adores the chickens.... them, not so much. lol
    My older dog, Jade acts 3 years younger since we got Yeti.

Blog Entries
    What a beauty. Congrats from me and my 3 Goldens Jonah, Sam and Anna.

Oh I just want to come over and play with your beautiful baby!! I love the big dogs . I had a tough choice between Pry and Saints ...
    I bet you wake up with a smile just seeing that precious face .

How adorable, you will get many years of happiness.....they give un-conditional love. Enjoy
    Age is mind over matter.......if you don't mind ........it doesn't matter! 😂
    Nancy

Dee
    What a adorable puppy. He is just beautiful.

nms
    My sister has 2 Pyrs. My brother raises them. He currently has a female that is pregnant with 13 pups!! They are big, white , furry angels!! Good luck with your new addition!!

Power Poster
    Love Yeti! He is a cutie!
    SueDor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast