Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My new quilting assistant

My new quilting assistant

Meet my new quilting assistant, Miss Maple. She is very good at keeping my sewing desk cleaned off and checking how much thread I have on the spool. (first photo)

She also is learning to help hold down the quilt, but being so young, she isn't too good at that yet as she would rather be clearing the desk. (second photo)

When it's nap time though, she excels at holding down my stack of patterns, especially if I have some fabric laying on top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by wildyard; 08-27-2014 at 02:47 PM.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Miss Maple looks very busy. When you're finished with that quilt you're working on, we would really love to see it! I believe I can speak for most of the QB members. Already love the colors! Please!? Pretty please with sugar and molasses?!!

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful assistant!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    she's a precious little one, on her way to being a great quilt inspector.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Power Poster
    She's a cutie. Be careful with thread and pins - one of my cats LOOOOVVVVED to get into thread.

Quilting is so much more fun with a furry friend close by. Miss Maple is darling!
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

How cute! Sounds like she's on the way to being a great inspector
    Lori

Oh, never fear, l post all my quilts when I finally finish each one and all things are out of kitty's grasp when I am not around.
    Last edited by wildyard; 08-27-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Miss Maple is very pretty and very busy. She will get all her duties perfected as she gets older. Good Luck.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

What beautiful markings. I love her name.
    Education makes a people easy to lead;difficult to govern; and impossible to enslave

I love Miss Maple she looks like a wonderful quilting "helper" My little miniature dachshund Ollie, has a pillow down by my sewing desk and he has to have a blanket on the pillow so he can crawl under and sleep cause he knows we will be in the sewing room all day long. LOL He just sticks his head out once in awhile to be sure I am still there. LOL

What a pretty girl! I love calicos.

She's gorgeous. I keep hoping that a kitty will "adopt" me. My family doesn't want me to get one, so it will need to be unavoidable. Like, oh I found this kitty on my deck and it just came right in! I don't know how that happened! LOL

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    How adorable .. Monkey Man loves to sleep on my material so I have put a special "material" that is his to sleep on .. He loves it !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Miss Maple is cute as a button and probably very curious. Lucky YOU !!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by lass View Post
    What beautiful markings. I love her name.
    My grandchildren found her in the park at 5 weeks old. She had an eye infection, bloody nose and was emaciated. Now that she is healthy and I know she is going to make it, she has become a very permanent part of the family. We thought for a while she might lose her left eye, but even that has healed up with just the tiniest of scars that is only visible with the instrument the vet uses. She is our miracle kitty.

The grandchildren named her. They said she looks like someone poured maple syrup over her. Hugs and smiles to everyone with thanks for loving my new helper as much as we do.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Very sweet!

Power Poster
    aww cute assistant!!!
    QUILTNMO

I love her. I love calicos. My son has a dilute tortie/Siamese cross that he brought home from Spain. He found her at the pound while he was posted there. Cici is very affectionate.

Oh my gosh, she's so sweet! She will be a beautiful lady when she's grown up. Thanks for saring.
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

I love calico cats. They are so pretty. She doesn't happen to be deaf is she? My friend has one and she is deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by mike'sgirl View Post
    I love calico cats. They are so pretty. She doesn't happen to be deaf is she? My friend has one and she is deaf.
    No, she isn't deaf, except when I am telling her NO! LOL. She definitely can hear the food container and the sound of food hitting her dish.

The vet in Ohio where she was found, and here in NY where she now lives didn't agree about whether she is Calico or Tortoise, but they did agree that either way, those cats are known for having attitude and that we could plan on her expecting to be the Queen and to rule the house. So far they have not been wrong, but it's not an issue because she is so adorable, we are her willing subjects.
    Linda Wedge White

She looks very busy doing her job there for you. What a pretty cat she is.
    Sandra

Lucky you to have such a pretty assistant. I love having my cats around me when I'm sewing.
    Everyone can't be Irish, somebody has to drive.

great helper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast