Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My other passion

Beautiful. I am sure there are hours of work involved here.
    Jo Ann

I used to do counties cross stitch, have many pieces finished but u framed. I was quite fond of birth samplers but the framing costs are expensive. Sadly the old eyes can't do it anymore

Blog Entries
    Lately, I've been quilting and gardening, my two most fav passions, but last year, when I tried to clear out some old projects, I couldn't throw away an old piece of crewel work. I started it in !!1977!! for my brother's wedding. However, I had a toddler and a new house to organize, and then got preggers, and the rest was history, including his first marriage eventually. I couldn't bear to throw it away all these years, it is a cute basket of strawberries, and in the RV last fall, I took it and FINISHED IT as hubby drove us around the country. Now - I still haven't framed it, but I do have hope. At least the stitching is done!
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

I did a counted cross stich of the three wise men, every body said it was nice, but the eyes have gone along with the memory, our 5 kids have bad memories too, It`s our 57th anniversary to day and no one remembered! But then I thought it was 56 yrs. They have such fast living lives now. One called on the way to the airport, taking the kids to Disney Land, we never could afford to take them. One has a son in baseball and they are never home weekends. And so it goes! Our friends all sent cards and brother called from Texas. So we made out O.K.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful work. I did a lot of cross stitching years ago. I've been doing a lot of embroidery and twilling handwork lately. I always have to have some kind of hand work when I'm watching TV to keep me awake.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
    I envy your cross stitch talent. I've not ever thought of trying that. I do a lot of other crafts. I used to do a lot of flower arrangements. Now I love button art, and have been framing jerseys for my son.
    Love the button tree!
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Beautifully done!
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Barbshobbies View Post
    I did a counted cross stich of the three wise men, every body said it was nice, but the eyes have gone along with the memory, our 5 kids have bad memories too, It`s our 57th anniversary to day and no one remembered! But then I thought it was 56 yrs. They have such fast living lives now. One called on the way to the airport, taking the kids to Disney Land, we never could afford to take them. One has a son in baseball and they are never home weekends. And so it goes! Our friends all sent cards and brother called from Texas. So we made out O.K.
    Happy Anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
    Happy Anniversary!
    A day late, but Happy Anniversary! That is a long time to be married and deserves a celebration.
    I quilt, therefore I am.

Beautiful work! I have a lot of beautiful frames cross stitch hanging up around my home. I have not stitched in about 13 years. I guess quilting has taken all of my "creative" time. I do hope to pick it up some day again. My #3 daughter said "we love quilts mom, but what we are going to fight over after you die is your cross stitch so you need to do some more"

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Your cross stitch is beautiful! I love them all.

My other passion

Cross stitching is also my other passion. It appeals to my OCD tendencies very nicely.

Here is a piece that I have been working on:

Blog Entries
    Great crafts! I crochet some, I'm known as the scrubbies lady as I crochet scrubbies in the car then give them away I occasionally cross stitch but use the stamped ones as I am legally blind. I used to find a new craft to learn every few years but started quilting few years ago........

Hi Anniedeb: I collect antique buttons and love your button Christmas tree! Never heard of button art but will google or for ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
    I envy your cross stitch talent. I've not ever thought of trying that. I do a lot of other crafts. I used to do a lot of flower arrangements. Now I love button art, and have been framing jerseys for my son.

Lovely work! My grandmother embroidered all the time, she could take a plain pillowcase and just "doodle" on it with thread. She wouldn't mark a pattern, she'd just fold it to find the center, pinch in a little crease, and then somehow magically her needle would create birds and vines and flowers and butterflies and little fairy faces peeping out under a leaf or from behind a flower petal... I would watch for HOURS, it just fascinated me. It was like the designs were already there, invisibly, and she just had to outline them with the thread.

I've tried cross-stitch but I couldn't stick with it. I've done a little bit of crewel embroidery, that's more my style and I actually managed to finish a couple things. But always on something with a stamped design. I'm not nearly as skilled as my gran was.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltjoey View Post
    Hi Anniedeb: I collect antique buttons and love your button Christmas tree! Never heard of button art but will google or for ideas. Thanks for sharing!
    I get tons of ideas from Google also! I've done hearts, pumpkins, wreaths, and am in the process of collecting purple buttons to do grape clusters! I'm betting you could find lots of ideas for your antique buttons!

I did cross stitch for 17 years. There are so many cute things to make. But it sure is expensive to get them framed. Here are a few of my favorites.

Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2