Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: My Train Cake and a Couple of others

  1. #1
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,799
    Blog Entries
    50

    My Train Cake and a Couple of others

    I am sorting old pictures for my granddaughter in law as she wants some family photos for scrapbooking.
    I had come across some pics of some cakes I had made for my grands birthdays years ago and thought I would share with you my pictures.

    I had so much fun making the train cake for my DGS Joey when he turned 2. He is 13 now!

    And the Carousel cake was made for my other 13 yr old grandson Jake for his first birthday party.

    The handgun was made for my DGS Cody for his birthday party. He asked if I could make it a gun and I said I didn't know if I could or not. So this was my effort. I think it turned out pretty well. At least you can tell it is a handgun. My family are avid hunters so it is natural for Cody to like guns.
    He was about 10 or 12 when I made the cake. He is 23 now!

    I have one picture I can't find and I know I saw it a couple of days ago! I have hunted and hunted for it. It was a cowboy hat cake I made for Jake when he was about 3. He was fanatical about horses at that age. My mom has been sorting through my pictures too so I guess it got shifted somewhere! Hopefully it will show up.

    Here are my pics
    Attached Images Attached Images







  2. #2
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,168
    Blog Entries
    47
    too cute to eat! Fun cakes.

  3. #3
    Super Member Quiltaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,546
    Very cute and he looks so excited about it.

  4. #4
    Moderator Up North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North East Lower peninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    6,502
    Cute cakes I used to do all kinds of fun cakes too but my favorite and I wish I knew where the picture went was a father son cake for cub scouts, I left home that evening they made an atari (Yea a long time ago) Wanna see some ugly grey frosting, well that was it! But it was so cute!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    325
    I use to do all sorts of decorated cakes for my kids and grandkids. They are all grown now. Sometimes buy a cake at the grocery store. I make to much of mess these days doing it.

  6. #6
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    42,898
    Blog Entries
    45
    he obviously loves his cake. good job!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?


  7. #7
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,799
    Blog Entries
    50
    Here is the Cowboy Cake which I couldn't find the picture of but I just came across it while ago.

    Jake was 3 I think. He is now 13 so I made this a long time ago!

    He was obsessed with horses and guns and anything western.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Super Member sewellie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Southern Idaho
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    2
    Oh, Rhonda girl, you have more talent than you know what to do with. You are such an inspiration to me. I love the 5th picture where it looks like your grandson is clapping his hands. And the joy that is in your face is priceless.
    Thank you for being so sharing!!!

    Ellie
    sewellie

    It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

    My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

  9. #9
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,799
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
    Oh, Rhonda girl, you have more talent than you know what to do with. You are such an inspiration to me. I love the 5th picture where it looks like your grandson is clapping his hands. And the joy that is in your face is priceless.
    Thank you for being so sharing!!!

    Ellie
    When I got there that day with the cake he was sick sleeping on the couch. When he woke up we had a time getting him to perk up enough to go look at the cake. But once he did he really lit up. I was so relieved he liked it. I had so much fun dreaming up this cake. I almost hated to let it go! LOL

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Keller, TX
    Posts
    7,515
    WOW what a great job and how well enjoyed!
    Linda

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Grants Pass, OR
    Posts
    1,979
    I used to do cakes for my family all the time when the girls were little. My biggest compliment came from my nephew when he said "Titi, your cakes are better than Pepperidge Farms." LOL

  12. #12
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,799
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraxy View Post
    I used to do cakes for my family all the time when the girls were little. My biggest compliment came from my nephew when he said "Titi, your cakes are better than Pepperidge Farms." LOL
    Love that comment! What a wonderful thing to hear.

  13. #13
    Super Member clem55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Posts
    6,200
    Blog Entries
    6
    You are one very talented lady!!

  14. #14
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,799
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by clem55 View Post
    You are one very talented lady!!
    thanks Clem!

  15. #15
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    I am sorting old pictures for my granddaughter in law as she wants some family photos for scrapbooking.
    I had come across some pics of some cakes I had made for my grands birthdays years ago and thought I would share with you my pictures.

    I had so much fun making the train cake for my DGS Joey when he turned 2. He is 13 now!

    And the Carousel cake was made for my other 13 yr old grandson Jake for his first birthday party.

    The handgun was made for my DGS Cody for his birthday party. He asked if I could make it a gun and I said I didn't know if I could or not. So this was my effort. I think it turned out pretty well. At least you can tell it is a handgun. My family are avid hunters so it is natural for Cody to like guns.
    He was about 10 or 12 when I made the cake. He is 23 now!

    I have one picture I can't find and I know I saw it a couple of days ago! I have hunted and hunted for it. It was a cowboy hat cake I made for Jake when he was about 3. He was fanatical about horses at that age. My mom has been sorting through my pictures too so I guess it got shifted somewhere! Hopefully it will show up.

    Here are my pics
    oh my goodness, Rhonda! These are so darling!
    I've got some Wilton books and, well...um, not enough time, lol! Your grands look so happy!
    You are one talented lady you know. hugs
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.