My upcoming BAND-aversary!

Old 09-03-2011, 02:44 AM

Congrats on your weight loss! I had the gastric sleeve surgery last November. I made it to my goal of 140 in 6.5 months, lost a few more shortly after that. I am maintaining usually 134-135 since June. It's great to be off the meds and feel so much better! I'm so happy I made this decision. I'm healthier than I've been in my whole life!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:50 AM

Wow, what inspiring stories. Glad everyone had success with their surgeries.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:55 AM

Wow congrats to all of you who've had the surgery. I have a co-worker who lost 1/2 her body weight, no longer on any medications etc. Then had excess skin removed. She's looking great.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:02 AM

congratulations to all of you who have taken steps like this to improve your health!! here's toast of feeling good and looking great :-)
Old 09-03-2011, 04:13 AM

Congrats on the weight loss. I have not had the surgery, but have lost 40+ pounds in the 18 months.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:16 AM

It's been a year and a half and it hasn't been too successful for me. Has the doctor shaking his head. I've quit stressing over it. The good news is I'm not gaining and have lost about 20 pounds.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
On Sunday it will be 2 years since I got my LapBand!
Not sure how I am really doing, since I would still love to lose another 30+ pounds...but all in all...being a size 12 instead of a 22/24 aint that bad....

I still miss a nice sub sandwich now and again...as well as a cold Diet Dr Pepper...and sticky rice...and a salad....but..again...NO insulin and a size 12 aint that bad!

How about you other bandsters..how long has it been for you??
November 8th will be 2 years for me. I have lost 95 pounds and off all meds. I walk as much as I can 4 to 5 times a week. What do I miss, packs of Oreo Cookies and big glass of milk. But being able to dance and hike and keep up with my husband is so great. We have been married for 2.5 years now. All He ask was that I get more active. Lossing weight was not in his request but he loves getting the complments that I look good.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Katz13203
Condgratulations on everyone's weight loss! No lap band but did have gastric bypass in 2005. Lost total 130 lbs. It does make a difference. The one thing that I have noticed is that there is so much more room from me to the steering wheel now. :)
and did you find yourself wondering what to do with your legs when on the passenger side??? I can cross my legs now...put them on the dash...how about having room for you and your purse in the movie theater seat?? LOVE that one..
Old 09-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Phannie1
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
On Sunday it will be 2 years since I got my LapBand!
Not sure how I am really doing, since I would still love to lose another 30+ pounds...but all in all...being a size 12 instead of a 22/24 aint that bad....

I still miss a nice sub sandwich now and again...as well as a cold Diet Dr Pepper...and sticky rice...and a salad....but..again...NO insulin and a size 12 aint that bad!

How about you other bandsters..how long has it been for you??
November 8th will be 2 years for me. I have lost 95 pounds and off all meds. I walk as much as I can 4 to 5 times a week. What do I miss, packs of Oreo Cookies and big glass of milk. But being able to dance and hike and keep up with my husband is so great. We have been married for 2.5 years now. All He ask was that I get more active. Lossing weight was not in his request but he loves getting the complments that I look good.
oh yay for you....yes, being more active is so much more fun...
Old 09-03-2011, 05:09 AM

Congratulations on your weight loss and keeping it off for two years. I don't know personally how hard it is to accomplish what you have accomplished, but I have family, friends and patients who struggle with weight battles. Proud for you... You most certainly are an inspiration to those around you!

Just read all the other posts and was reminded of an app (a free one) that my cardiologist recommended... some of his patients told him about it... Lose It!

It has a lot of really nice features, most of which I still haven't figured out... but it's easy enough for even people like me (a "toron") to figure out :lol: You can sync it to your computer too. For those of you who are trying to lose you might check it out??