My winter minis

Old 01-10-2010, 05:36 AM

I came in from chores about 30 min ago--it was 1* out when I left and 7* when I came back in-it's painful for me--cold hands, but the horses take it in stride. It's utterly still out, so they don't mind at bit. The wind they'd avoid in this temp.

I loaded their stalls last night with piles of loose hay/straw we saved up in the barn. Oh--they were snuggly. Rosie and the foals are free to roam inside the barn at night--I open both their stalls so they have lots of room. It's supposed to be 25 today. I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh, I'd not say Mazie is my favorite.. Tucker is so wrapped around my heart, and finger. :lol: He is a love bug. He lifts his muzzle to be kissed over and over. As long as I'm kissing him, he'll stand still for more. He'll be gelded on Feb 16th so he can stay with the herd forever. Rosie thinks she's a dog--she follows me everywhere! I so love them all--my favorite changes every 30 min. :wink:
Old 01-19-2010, 12:36 PM

I swear I get on the message board and your name is the first thing I look for, I cant get over the enjoyment I get from your pictures. sometimes I can have such a rough day and if I see some of your pics of your darling babies I can't hold a smile back.. Thank you
Old 01-19-2010, 12:59 PM

Your new 'babies' are getting so big. Thank you for sharing pictures with us. Somewhere I read/saw of a blind person who used a mini as a seeing-eye aide. Other than the obvious, although it can't be much larger than a golden or lab, they have many of the same qualities as the dogs; loyal, very loving, extremely smart. I think it would be a great choice. It seems they were having quite a problem being admitted to places, even where seeing-eye dogs were allowed. Not fair.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 PM

Your horses are wonderful. We thought about getting 2 last year, in fact I went and looked at 2 in Rainy River, at Last Chance stables.
As a kid we always had a horse but it just didn't work out this time.
Guess it just wasn't meant to be.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Mona Lisa, is your Avatar a Sheltie? Beautiful dog. I had 2 but we lost our female last year. She was 18 and a blue merle. She was from England. Her hubby is from North Dakota. He's a tri but mostly black and white. You have to search for his tan. He is 15. Wonderful dogs.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:35 AM

Yes he is a sheltie, he is 8 months old. His name is Jack and he has such a cute personality. I can't believe how smart he is, he was a breeze to house train and learns tricks so quickly.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 PM

Shelties are my all time favorite dog breed. They are very smart, but will pout when they think you are upset. They do enjoy hearding everything.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by gloryj8
I swear I get on the message board and your name is the first thing I look for, I cant get over the enjoyment I get from your pictures. sometimes I can have such a rough day and if I see some of your pics of your darling babies I can't hold a smile back.. Thank you
Aww--thanks for sharing that. How sweet. I'll be sure to not let it go too long between photos!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by sewgull
Shelties are my all time favorite dog breed. They are very smart, but will pout when they think you are upset. They do enjoy hearding everything.
Yes, they are very smart dogs and fast. Mine loves to keep tabs on the grandkids and is constantly herding them to where he thinks they should be. He doesn't like them to wander too far, even in the backyard LOL. They are very sensitive to your feelings. If he thinks I'm upset about something he won't leave my side. He won't let any other dog near me until he's checked them out and decided it's OK.