My Xmas shopping is done!

Old 10-30-2011, 04:01 AM

I'm with you. We have 16 grandkids so I start the day after New Years buying toys. Then as jewelry goes on sale I buy that for the girls and daughters. Than as I get closer to Christmas I'll start looking at clothes. I'm usually done by this time too. I always make some sort of decoration for each of them for the house and Christmas presents for the teachers. We moved just two months ago so I'm a little behind this year. I'm still working on teacher gifts. I start putting up my outside Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving while the turkey is cooking. I wrap everything as I buy it and keep a list of what I have for who. With that many grandchildren I have to have a method to my madness. Plus I get to enjoy Christmas.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 AM

Welcome to the club! I am done too. I knew I had to change my ways when I started hating Christmas. Now I get done early and enjoy the cookie baking, party planning aspects of the holidays stress free.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:20 AM

Way to go! Envious for sure!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:48 AM

I am required to attend my MIL's Thanksgiving dinner. She hates me so it isn't alot of fun. I go with a smile on my face and am polite and cheerful for my DH but it's a yucky day. When I get home, I pop on the Christmas music, put up the tree with my sons and wrap all of the gifts. I consider it fun to wrap, it gets me in the holiday spirit, I am done well in advance and it makes me forget about the miserable afternoon with MIL and FIL.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:51 AM

Wow! That's great lucky you! I haven't started yet. :|
Old 10-30-2011, 06:11 AM

I have limited funds. We have 10 gr kids. Strictly by accident this year I found 3 sweet sweet soft dolls. Each one is different, but it is the same doll. They were only $8.00 each. I snagged them. That set my $$$ for each of the 10. I went to another place and finished the gr kids with that limit. Not one of our gr kids needs our gifts....so I go purely for delight and fun. This yr I hit it good. I make gifts for my friends. That only leaves me with 3 adults and then I am done.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
I am required to attend my MIL's Thanksgiving dinner. She hates me so it isn't alot of fun. I go with a smile on my face and am polite and cheerful for my DH but it's a yucky day. ....
What a shame. Been there, done that. My ex- MIL also hated me so I know what you go through on holidays with her. But on the bright side, she was an example to me of the type of MIL 'not' to be.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations on finishing your shopping early. Since hubby and I are on Social Security, he is disabled and I can't find a job, so money is very, very tight. Fortunately (and much to my DH's chagrin when we moved to a 2-bedroom apt., I have my stash. I will be giving out mostly quilted items and maybe make a few things for our dear GD Zoe, who will be 19 months old at Christmas. What fun!!! I'm looking forward to that - last year she scored a 10 on ripping wrapping paper off her gifts, so this year will be fun. I do applaud your resourcefulness and determination to get it done early. Enjoy the holidays.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:11 AM

That's great! At least everyone is working on their Christmas lists here. I give alot of gift cards though...
Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 AM

I am with you. I always started when my girls started school. Now that they are grown and we have 5 grandkiddos i started and I am finish buying I have two small quilt tops to quilt for the children then off to wrapping and I am finished. My best friend waits until the week before Christmas and wonders why she can't find things. LOL Maybe we can now donate some small quilt to the neonetal unit. Happy quilting and an early Merry Christmas to you