Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My youngest som is getting married tomorrow! >

My youngest som is getting married tomorrow!

My youngest som is getting married tomorrow!

Old 02-13-2011, 11:45 AM

And I won't be able to be there! How can I deal with this emotionally!! My dad is in the hospital 80 miles away and is supposed to get out tomorrow so I have to go get him I feel so torn!! This is just a justice of the peace thing but still it is important to me. He says Grandpa is more important but I just can't wrap my head around it!! Do I need a nerve pill?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:49 AM

Can you explain it to the hospital that you would need to pick you father up a little late because your son is getting married? Then maybe you could go from the wedding to the hospital.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
And I won't be able to be there! How can I deal with this emotionally!! My dad is in the hospital 80 miles away and is supposed to get out tomorrow so I have to go get him I feel so torn!! This is just a justice of the peace thing but still it is important to me. He says Grandpa is more important but I just can't wrap my head around it!! Do I need a nerve pill?
I say be with your Dad....especially if your son is letting you know it's okay.

Don't be so hard on yourself and put that guilt on yourself. Your son sounds like a level headed young man...and I'm sure he doesn't want you to be a ball of nerves over it.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

Oh dear, what a terrible dilemma. Never mind, by the end of tomorrow, you will have regained a father and gained a daughter in law! ((((HUGS))))
Old 02-13-2011, 11:52 AM

I agree.... Some things just can't be helped.... I'm sure it will all work out for you. Sorry you have to go through this.
Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
I say be with your Dad....especially if your son is letting you know it's okay.

Don't be so hard on yourself and put that guilt on yourself. Your son sounds like a level headed young man...and I'm sure he doesn't want you to be a ball of nerves over it.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

Awww, I feel for you!! Sometimes we need 2 of us in 1 :(
It will all work out honey!!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

I am so sorry. It is wonderful that your son has such a good attitude and cares so deeply for his Grandfather.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by quiltstodo
Can you explain it to the hospital that you would need to pick you father up a little late because your son is getting married? Then maybe you could go from the wedding to the hospital.
I would try this approach also.

What an unfortunate position to be in but I am sure both your son and dad will understand how emotionally torn you are and accept the decision you make.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Remember that a hospital discharge can take hours. Is the wedding early? They probably will have many weddings tomorrow too. Is a matter of playing with the time, keeping safety first. The hospital will keep your Dad until you are there to pick him up. The insurance only cares that he doesn't spend another night, so as long as you have nice weather, it can be done. Plan it safe, please.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:03 PM

He is the only one that I think was crying when I told him Grandpa went by ambulance to Petoskey Hospital. He is a sweet kid always has been and I am happy for him He deserves some breaks!! He does care about his Grandpa all of them do!! He is a good Kid and I gave him lots of hugs and well wishes today!
WE are supposed to get freezing rain tonight and the wedding is at 2:00 we are in a very small town so I doubt there will be a lot
!!