MyEtsy Shop

Old 01-18-2011, 09:22 PM

Yeah! Your stuff is darling and well priced. Where are you in NJ? Do you ever get to The City?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Yeah! Your stuff is darling and well priced. Where are you in NJ? Do you ever get to The City?
Thanks Dotty! No... I still have not gotten in there. I really should have taken my daughter in when she was home from college. Its just that I am totally LOST in there! Maybe in springtime!
I am in Long Valley (northwestern NJ between Chester and Hackettstown).
Old 01-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Banned

I just set up an account with etsy but I am not sure if I will sell on there. But I do have some quilts I would love to sell. maybe when I get some extra time I will check it out. :-)
Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 AM

Maride (Maria) & I will be your tour guides! I grew up in Parsippany. Momlived in Sussex. I miss MOm & her shopping for me at Ben Franklins. Think about coming in March. There is going to be an awesome quilt show of650 red & white quilts, free! Dotty
Old 01-19-2011, 09:07 AM

Maride (Maria) & I will be your tour guides! I grew up in Parsippany. Momlived in Sussex. I miss MOm & her shopping for me at Ben Franklins. Think about coming in March. There is going to be an awesome quilt show of650 red & white quilts, free! Dotty

Cool Dotty! What a great offer! Let me know dates and I think I would love to do that! Would especially love to meet you gals! : ) Thank you!

My daughter played soccer in Parsippany for several years and my older sister lived in Sussex county (in Stokes State Forest) working at the School of Conservation for many years (this goes WAY BACK!). There used to be a Ben Franklins in Hohokus. I sell to a shop there and I always used to stop there when I delivered there in person. What a fun place. Not sure if its still there. I usually always ship to her now.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:15 AM

Hi,
The quilt show is March 25-30. One private collection has 650 all red & white quilts. I can't imagine. Let's hope for good weather. You don't need to shop here. You probably have shops up there. I hear there is a nice fabric store on Rt 23 in Vernon. Maybe a drive for you.
Many years ago I worked in a fabric store in Parsippany called Gerta's Needlecrafts. I learned so much there, sewed everyone's prom dresses, and developed my love for remnants. I hope it works out that we can meet. Dotty
Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 AM

Thanks Dotty! I'll mark my calendar! All you'll need to do is tell me where to park. That's what scares me most! YEY! Something to look forward to!! : ) LOVE red and white!

I don't know the fabric shop in Vernon. I never get up that way, and never heard of Gerta's, but I sure do miss the Rag Shop that was in Parsippany! And remnants!? LOVE THEM!!! There used to be a great fabric shop in Flemington that sold wonderful decorator remnants. That's gone now too. : (

Hi,
The quilt show is March 25-30. One private collection has 650 all red & white quilts. I can't imagine. Let's hope for good weather. You don't need to shop here. You probably have shops up there. I hear there is a nice fabric store on Rt 23 in Vernon. Maybe a drive for you.
Many years ago I worked in a fabric store in Parsippany called Gerta's Needlecrafts. I learned so much there, sewed everyone's prom dresses, and developed my love for remnants. I hope it works out that we can meet. Dotty
Old 01-19-2011, 09:27 AM

Check out website for American Folk Art Museum.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Zappycat
I just got an email that I had two sales on my Etsy shop tonight! Already paid for... I'll ship them out tomorrow. I was wondering when something was ever going to sell! I always wonder how people find you on there when there are so many talented sellers.
I was checking out the ETSY website and considering doing an ETSY shop but have some questions. I tried to find the answer to my question on their site but did not find anything. I see it says you can sell handmade items. I was thinking of putting some embroidered items on there. I bought some throws from Walmart and have been embroidering things on them. Since the throw itself was not made by me would I not be allowed to sell this item on Etsey? I also embroider on what they call blanks...I have new little girls T's that I embroider on and wonder if these would be allowed as a sale item as well. I will have to check out ETSEY a littlke more and see if there is somewhere I can email and ask about this to get these answers but thought I would ask here and see if any of you knew.... Thanks Corry
Old 01-19-2011, 11:31 AM

Corry,
I'm not sure about the answer... but if you look at the top of the Etsy page and click on COMMUNITY and then FORUM...it will take you to a forum where you can ask questions and you'll get the answers from Etsy people that would know the answer better than I would.