Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-04-2011, 08:55 AM

To get rid of ads on the board and in everything, even your internet home page, download (FREE) adblockplus. It's amazing! http://adblockplus.org/en/

Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
There were always ads on the old Board
Bookmarks is now called something else; took me a while to find and now can't remember what it's called.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:56 AM

No way do I have the time to go through all the complaints to find if I have something I do not like. The whole board is in an uproar, nothing works the way it should, and unhappy people are leaving in droves. Have no idea if Patrice is even paying attention, and has never explained why they so drastically changed a smoothly-running machine. (If it works, don't fix it, as my papa used to say.) Yesterday on QH they announced that they had 150 new members in 24 hours, and probably more today.
Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
With all the bickering back & forth, including me, maybe we could list one thing that we don't like. I am asking you to please read all the post & not to double post what someone else has said. I want to also do a " Like" topic. Then maybe Patrice can simply go through and help us all out without being so overwelmed. If you think we have headaches, can you image what she must be going through. So lets see if we can be a fun friendly board again. I don't want anyone to leave. Thanks, Becky.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:57 AM

I hate to lose any of you. If you go to your messages and read all the sub titles you'll answer most of your problems with the board. Just Saying !
Old 11-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

Unhappy heartbroken

In addition to what has already been mentioned about unread topics, Pictures seem to take a long time to load and I am on high speed service. I liked that the old board would automatically resize pictures to acceptable board standards as well. I am heartbroken about the turn the new QB has taken. It doesn't matter anyway as this topic will surely be deleted just like the other one about negative opinions of the QB.

The QB will experience a mass exodus the proportions that have not been seen since Moses lead the Israelites out of Egypt. So sad.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 11-04-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo View Post
I hate to lose any of you. If you go to your messages and read all the sub titles you'll answer most of your problems with the board. Just Saying !
I consider myself pretty computer savvy and have belonged to many chat boards but I have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:03 AM

A silly little comment - but the live signatures came along somehow, but don't show on your postings. All you get is a siggy line that you click on and see the siggy. Big whoop.

\And Valleyquiltermo, I agree with feline fanatic -- what on earth are you talking about!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:14 AM

my complaint is that this board now looks like most other boards. And seem to be just as awkward to use. but that is just me. I plan on giving it a few weeks to figure out and get used to it but I miss how the old board had all the quick tabs at the top. especially for getting to your posts and topics and messages. I like the new colors, except the white. there are other things that I am not a big fan of but will just leave it at that.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:14 AM

I love that Patrice is so involved and takes care of us and the board. We have to remember that all of us have used the board for a long time and like having what it was. so my good point is that we have this and after we get used to it it will probably be our best friend again.(I do miss all the avatars)
Old 11-04-2011, 09:26 AM

I used to find this a "happy place". But now there seems to be a lot of negativity here. I think all things relating to the new board need to be located in a seperate place other than "main". I only like to read things related to quilting and now there are all these "I don't like this..." posted in the quilting section.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:28 AM

Just the "comfort" of the old board!