Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-11-2011, 03:34 PM

not having the new topics daily posted on the front page as in the old site

Last edited by ngale4; 11-11-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:52 PM

After trying since the change over and using four different computers, I find the new format very slow. At times my computer times out while trying to load a message. I also miss the option to use the "back" key to navigate.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
And yet talking about it is neither political nor religious so should be permitted according to the rules.
The only thing I could think of that would go against the rules is, "any other types of negativity". This is just a guess on my part... The following is the rule I refer to.
Trashing, bashing, ranting, raving, venting, steaming, and other types of posts that focus on anger or other types of negativity are prohibited. They detract from the fun and do not reflect well on our community.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:40 PM

I've had enough, the tech changes are do-able. It is not a perfect world, people have problems, worries, sickness, want to vent to their friends when they get the wrong order or shorted on yardage. Can't do it on here anymore, can't ask for prayers or send prayers (and no matter what faith you may be, prayers are acceptable. You can't speak of any other board, poof, it's gone. Get real folks, is this the kind of board you want to be on, I'm sure this will be removed ASAP and I'll mostly likely be banned for speaking my mind. Enjoy your white washed perfect little world, I'm done.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:23 PM

can't think of one thing i like
Old 11-12-2011, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by cctx. View Post
I see a lot of changes that were not necessary.

The Old Board was much nicer, easier, fun, exciting, colorful and now it's starting to look "black and white".
Is this a permanent set up or temporary?

I suppose that is how members will be "weeded" out from my perspective.
I liked the old board so much more and I feel exactly the same as above. I will try for a few more weeks. I do think that members are "weeding" themselves out. I don't see any familiar names anymore and that is so terribly sad. When someone replies to a question I had I always had a message that someone had and I could click right on to it. Not now. I don't know if anyone has answered my question and I don't have the time or the inclination to muddle through answers that do not pertain to me.

First thing every morning I would get "on board" to see what was going on - It was my jump start! My time is too important to have to juggle through stuff. I suppose all my "friends" from the past two years are gone to another board by now and maybe it is time for me. I just have to find a board that is as good as the one we had before. So sad, so terribly, terribly sad. Edie
Old 11-12-2011, 05:59 AM

I preferred the old board set-up. Now, I make no hurry to get to it in the morning when I get up.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:02 AM

By the way - who decided to change it and I'm afraid to ask about the cost of doing so.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:03 AM

Been trying and trying to find my way around the new set up but options just do not work. Changed to post only last 2 days and still get post from months ago.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:15 AM

A few days ago it started. I couldn't click on the subject and actually get the original subject. I only get the comments to it. I keep thinking that will correct itself. I know it didn't work that way when we first had the change.