Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Naughty? or Nice? What's on Your List? >

Naughty? or Nice? What's on Your List?

Naughty? or Nice? What's on Your List?

Old 08-28-2020, 01:29 PM

Default Naughty? or Nice? What's on Your List?

I made a list of Christmas projects and ordered a few supplies for them. I have some hand towels already and plan to make some fun gifts. Plus there are some new patterns I found as inspiration to make cozy bowls, place-mats and table runners. My goal is to use fabric already in the stash but once in a while something jumps in the cart...naughty.

I always want to start sewing early to have projects done by October/November but haven't managed to succeed yet.

Naughty? or Nice? What's on your list?
Old 08-29-2020, 03:25 AM

I made 20 eyeglass holders, most of which will go to our public library staff. I'll put a Hershey bar and a gift certificate to our local bagel shop in each.
I also want to make a few mug rugs for neighbors, and some zipper bags for family with gift cards inside. I have a quilt I made years ago that is worn in places. Rather than mend it, I plan to turn it into a couple of table runners and Christmas stockings.
Curious to learn about other people's plans!
Old 08-29-2020, 03:44 AM

I have some kitchen towels, I've had them for at least 5 years, I'm going to embroider on them and give as gifts. The same goes for premade very nice aprons. I'll embroider BBQ theme stuff on them for the guys. I'm making small quilts for charity along with masks for local hospice and nursing homes in my area. For myself and family I'm making tree skirts and placemats with matching napkins. I have all the fabric I need and then some. Not buying a thing so I'm nice, not naughty.
Old 08-29-2020, 03:52 AM
Power Poster

I have been knitting like crazy(naughty, had to buy yarn) trying to finish up so I can do some small quilted gifts (nice, using fabric I have). Hope to finish up everything by Nov. so I can relax and enjoy decorating and baking for the holidays.
Old 08-29-2020, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

I like to make at least one thing for my family each Christmas but I don't have any ideas yet. Last year I made kitchen towels and ornaments. I'll be following this thread.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:22 AM

I like making Christmas tree ornaments out of felt. Just simple ones, often with sequins . I only do them for family and friends though, and I tend to do them November/December time.

I would really like to make myself, Hubby, and DS a Christmas stocking each. I have plenty of Christmas fabric, so should be able to do that from stash.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:39 AM

I'm going small this year--lots of family got lap quilts in the last 2 Christmas's and kids got Christmas bed quilts last year. This year I have a wall hanging for step MIL (had everyone write their name with long arm on a piece that I'd decorated) and will do a Big Dream panel for SIL, and already have a table topper for Sis. Plan to give my nieces quilt covered notebooks for address/calendar (I'll print some pages on the computer and get copies). DIL plans to start back to college at semester so I'll make her a nice tote for her stuff. I like the idea of glasses cases for my one grandson and son. The bigger items I already have finished except for the Big Dream panel.
Old 08-29-2020, 02:16 PM

I haven't put much thought to Christmas. Which means I will be sewing until Christmas Eve! Maybe even a few days after that.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:49 PM

I have made Christmas tree skirts for my 2 married granddaughters. They are finished and ready to be wrapped.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:24 AM

I have been working slowly on making a quilt for each of my family and extended family members. I have two finished for this Christmas and one additional that needs to be quilted. A fourth has a pattern picked out but I need to choose the "just right" fabric. All my quilts this COVID year have been from my stash, so I am going to treat myself to a little shopping trip for this one special quilt.

In my head I have planned to making a big basket of Christmas potholders to give away, but we will see if that happens.