Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need opinions on Omaha Steaks please

Need opinions on Omaha Steaks please

Husband and I are wondering about the quality and value of this company's product.
    Anyone here have past or present experience with Omaha Steaks?

Thanks in advance.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    I have often wondered about this myself. Have wanted to try the
    steaks, but have been leery to do so.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I received a gift box from them and I loved it. It included various steaks, hamburgers, stuffed baked potatoes and a few other meats. The meats were all individually packaged, which was ideal for me since I live alone.

Blog Entries
    I have heard they were really good quality - never tried them.

Blog Entries
    Wow they are expensive, the Bone in Rib steaks are 4 (18oz) for $155.00 on sale. That works out to over $34.00 per pound. Regular price is $75.00 per pound. At that price I expect someone to cook it for me and clean up afterwards.

I should hope they are tasty, but that is way out of my budget.

I buy local grass fed beef for $8.00 per pound.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

I have seen them sold on QVC for many years now.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    i've given it as gifts many times. they come well packed in dry ice and a cooler. the quality is excellent. My mom loves them. I usually get a special of $49 for a bunch of meats normally $179. I get the coupon at McDonalds in the parents magazine. I've never eaten the steaks, but my son loves them too. they usually come with desserts, and twice baked potatoes, filet mignons, sirlon steaks pork chops and 8 hamburgers. an excellent price for sure. but the $15 for shipping is the killer. we live in NY so it has to go further. get it for the deals. good luck.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    I used to get them for my husband once in awhile. he loved them but i can't afford them and don't eat a lot of meat now.

We have received them as gifts for several years now. Not bad but not anything I would go out of my way to buy. No clue as to costs as they have always been gifts. Definitely edible but can't compare to grocery store pricing. Sorry.

Thank you ladies for your responses. I received an offer in one of my magazines for a $49.00 package. It would provide several meals for my husband since eating anything to strenuous in the next few months is out of the question.

You see I am in the process of having an upper set of dentures put in and a partial bridge on the lower. So my gums will be sore for some time. I have had 6 pulled in the last month and 10 more to go over the next couple of months.

I do however love to cook wonderful meals for my husband. And it my seem old fashioned but I do love to cook for him and see him enjoy himself.
    Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 02-14-2016 at 06:47 PM.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

We ordered the special once. It was good ...but nothing extra special. Now they call us All the time ...we don't answer but it is annoying......

Ordered that "special" once...need I say more....

chasing hawk - your tooth removal process is indeed a bit touchy...been there, done that...but the end result will be great....enjoy your first bite of corn on the cob!

Blog Entries
    Ordered a couple of times, never any complaints.
    Sometimes there is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness.
    Reggie

I gave a gift box to my daughter and son-in-law. They said the flavor was good, but the size was way too small for a big meat eater like he is. We have a butcher shop here that has great meat and I now go to them only, no supermarket meat for me.

Blog Entries
    My son tried them once -not impressed by the quality and as he put it ''If I'm buying by the ounce it better be gold''-they were quite expensive.

I agree with Lynnie......look for the $49.00 sale. We have received and given as gifts. Especially love that they are individually frozen. The sirloin burgers are so tasty! Steaks are juicy.

If you have Discover card points they can be used on Omaha Steaks. We get the $49 special (take the ad to the store) and redeem Discover points ($45 in points for $50 cash). Good deal. To buy the steaks outright is a fortune. Wait for the sale.

My parents gifted us with Omaha Steaks this Christmas. Steaks, pork chops, chicken breasts, meatballs, kielbasa, au gratin potatoes, caramel apple tartlets. The meat has been wonderful and last night we had the caramel apple tartlets and they were really good too!
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

My grandson said he doesn't like the potatoes, but bring on the steaks!!! Don't bother with the hamburgers either--just the steaks--he is a new college graduate 23 years of age. Watches his weight.

Blog Entries
    I have also had good experience with this company and there is an ad in the front of the County mag and I've been thinking of ordering again. I worry about what the shipping charge will be but it offers a really nice assortment of not only 4 steaks but pork chops, chicken breasts, stuffed soul with scallops and crabmeat, kielbasa, meatballs, potatoes and the delicious apple tartlets for $49. Heck, bread eggs and milk at the local grocery store cost almost that much :-)

DH and I did not enjoy them at all. We live in an area that has wonderful meat. We were very disappointed in them. They were a gift from my son and he and his wife thought they were great.

Good quality but too expensive for us. My hubby buys a beef tenderloin for about $80 and cuts 6 oz. steaks for us, we wrap and freeze them and have some nice steak dinners for about $7 per steak.

I live across the river from Omaha. I buy steaks at the grocery store, they are just as good as Omaha Steaks and a lot cheaper. I have had Omaha Steaks and they are also very good. If you come down I 29 south, stop in any store in Iowa or Nebraska and you will be able to get some very good meat.
    Aronel aka Lee

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    We've gotten them a gifts. We just went to the local grocery and got T-bones on sale for $5.97 #. Got 3 packages. I eat the smaller (tenderloin) side and dh eats the other side and fur babies get the bones.

My husband and I ordered from them about a month ago. We spent almost $100.00 and it was not worth it at all. They use to be fairly decent, but not anymore. The quality of meats and portion size are not what they used to be. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast