Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Needing some sewing friends >

Needing some sewing friends

Needing some sewing friends

Old 04-09-2021, 03:25 AM

Coincidentally, I saw a recent post from you on a thread a day or two ago and thought to myself...I haven’t seen Kristijoy post in quite sometime, I wonder what she’s been up to.

welcome back, it’s nice to have you back. I’m sure it has been a juggle working from home and home schooling. I’m glad to hear that you have still been able to squeeze in some quilting projects.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:26 AM
DJ

Greetings! Glad you found your way back. It's great that you are getting your vaccine!

I'm not familiar with the swaps since I don't participate in those.

There are at least two BOM threads going on now. It's not too late to join in.

Old School BOM:
2021 Old School BOM Discussion and Photos

A Quilting Life BOM:
A Quilting Life BOM
Old 04-09-2021, 09:50 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Coincidentally, I saw a recent post from you on a thread a day or two ago and thought to myself...I haven’t seen Kristijoy post in quite sometime, I wonder what she’s been up to.

welcome back, it’s nice to have you back. I’m sure it has been a juggle working from home and home schooling. I’m glad to hear that you have still been able to squeeze in some quilting projects.
This just warms my heart so much! Maybe it was your thought that was calling to me!
Old 04-09-2021, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

I would have been very depressed if stuck at home for a year. so I admire you. My guild missed April, May and Nov- March meetings, not too bad. My sewing group has kept each other sane. We met twice a month all last year at each other's home to sew for a day. I loved being with family and grands but I have to have time to enjoy my time too, I think everyone needs that.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

Kristi, I wondered what happened to you! So glad you're back
Old 04-14-2021, 06:57 AM

Welcome back. This quilting board has kept me sane and enjoying everyone's company and chit chat about quilting and other crafts. I feel we are all in this together and need to support each other even if it is by computer.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:50 AM

Hi Kristi, and welcome back from Southern California. I've felt lonely at times, too and decided to do something about it. I contacted a small group of art quilter friends and we've had zoom meetings. That was a big help. I also watched YouTube tutorials to learn something new. I hope you and your family (and the rest of us) will be fully vaccinated soon and be able to get our lives back to normal.