Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
New doggy chew toy...my pincushion >

New doggy chew toy...my pincushion

New doggy chew toy...my pincushion

Old 10-18-2012, 04:06 AM

What a beautiful dog! A funny but scary story - please let your vet have a look at him! I have a cat that likes to jump up on my sewing table, grab a pin from the pin cushion and run. As a result, I no longer use pin cushions (bummer - they are so cute and handy). I keep my pins in a small plastic Lock -n- Lock container and always lock the lid down when I am done sewing. If a piece has pins in it, I put it in a drawer. What we do for the furry loves in our lives!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:04 AM

Oh, he's trouble.....you can always tell with the cute ones. My 7 month old yellow lab is the official greeter at the quilt shop when I work one day a week. One day (when she was real quiet) I figured she was up to something, so when I called she came running around the corner with a jelly roll in her mouth , half unwound, acting like it was the best dog toy ever! I bought a jelly roll that day that I hadn't expected to own. I think I would give the ex-ray advice a sincere thought - the expense would then remind me to keep the baby gate up to keep the dog out of the sewing room.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:28 AM

YOYO always manages to find a long pin no matter how careful I am, she usually brings them to me...
Old 10-18-2012, 05:38 AM

My sister's cat would plant a foot on each side of her pin cusion and methodically pull all the pins out and spit them out. She had to hide the pin cushion from the thief.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:01 AM

I have a cute chicken that a friend made as my pincushion...I now has a hole in it's tail and a cable tie that attach under my machine. Everytime it fell in the past, this cute little puppy would swoop in and grab the chicken and go hide.
I think she may have learned her lesson the last time....she yelped...so that must mean that she got stuck.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
My sister's cat would plant a foot on each side of her pin cusion and methodically pull all the pins out and spit them out. She had to hide the pin cushion from the thief.
I also had a cat that did that. Drove me nuts. It was hard to ban her from my room since that is were the airconditioner was that took care of that end of the house. Thank goodness she was a foster and went to a new home. AFTER almost 3 yrs.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 AM

Default Pups in a sewing room are a menace

I volunteered to foster 4 male black lab mix puppies when they were 3 1/2 weeks old. They are now about 65 pounds each at 9 months old and will be with me "till death us do part." They surely have chewed up a lot of stuff. I have 4 chairs to reupholster and dog beds to remake. Garden hoses are out of their reach now. I'll have to repair the sheetrock in one place in "their" room. Here is a picture of them along with some of my other dogs wanting to go down the hall to my sewing room.

Animal Planet has run some shows on different things people's dogs have eaten. Pretty scary! If you haven't checked out dog-shaming.com, please do. I look at it every day for a good laugh.
Attached Thumbnails we-want-.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Pat M. View Post
I hope you took the dog to the vet for a xray???
This was my first thought, as well!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

Unless you counted how many pins were in the cushion and they are all accounted for, I think a visit to the vet is in order. If you can't afford an X-ray would a metal detectors work?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 AM

My dogs like just the WOOL pincushions. I had to stop using them, because I think they were in cahoots with the cats, who rolled them off the sewing table so the dogs could chew them up!