New pet peeve

Old 06-30-2010, 06:30 AM

Do you read the threads you ask questions in? Lately I have been seeing the same questions asked over and over when the answer to it is a couple comments up. I know there are always new users and we all ask questions, sometimes we miss the answer when it is right in front of us but when the same question is asked 6 or 7 times and the answer has been given a couple times I think it is time to read back a bit. OK off my soapbox!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Up North
Do you read the threads you ask questions in? Lately I have been seeing the same questions asked over and over when the answer to it is a couple comments up. I know there are always new users and we all ask questions, sometimes we miss the answer when it is right in front of us but when the same question is asked 6 or 7 times and the answer has been given a couple times I think it is time to read back a bit. OK off my soapbox!
I thought thats what Google is for anyway. :lol:
Old 06-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I always try to read all the posts if I have a question. But I know what you mean or I will send a PM and ask.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:33 AM

I try to read a thread from the beginning, at least to the point of skimming it. But, if the thread is near termination stage (10-12 pages long), I only have time to go back a few pages. But, I know what you mean.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:38 AM

Guilty as charged! I know I sometimes miss things that are in posts because I "scan" read them. Sometimes I miss read them altogether, or misinterpret them. If it's something I'm really, really, REALLY concerned about I'll read them all. Like the one from the member that just found out that her husband has cancer and has asked for prayers.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:51 AM

I know most of us don't read all the posts in a thread but when the author gives all the pertinant info in the VERY FIRST post, it is anoying for so many to ask things that they would have known if they'd read and not just look at the pictures.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:52 AM

My pet peeve is when you ask a question, state what you are not looking for in the answer... and get it anyways... or you have people who are vindictive and just try to make you more and more upset by telling you what they think you should do with your life or what they would do if your college application came in front of them and they saw your financial situation... (sorry that happened to me, and they wouldn't stop, even after I started to ignore that person, and I had to have the thread deleted.)

But I know what you mean! Lets say I asked... "How do I bind this finished quilt?" and I get the answers from a few of you, and then some one asks the same question in my thread... that is annoying!

I know there are multiple threads about a the same question, and that can get frustrating too!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 AM

Just do a search and you will find it....
Old 06-30-2010, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Just do a search and you will find it....
yep.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:06 AM

One of my mottos is: "Don't sweat the petty and don't pet the sweaty".