Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New TV season

Quote Originally Posted by linkd View Post
    I don't like Jon Cryer (or maybe just the characters he has played).
    Now that you mention it, I think that's why I feel negative about him....I think it's the characters that he has played that make me feel that way.

I am finding that most of the TV shows keep me interested for several seasons and then they just get old....the writers seem to no longer have new ideas. Not sure how this could be changed.....but yes, I am sick and tired of most of the old story lines and when the original cast gets changed, it changes the whole personality of the show.....NCIS in point!! And if Gibbs retires, then the show will need to be retired! IMHO!!!!!

I agree about the quilting shows - at least you don't have music that's so loud you can't hear what they're saying!

Quote Originally Posted by regm View Post
    Most tv series I like start out great for a couple of years and then they get sort of tired. Used to lie Nashville, Big Brother, Dancing with the stars and then it's like, "why am I wasting my time like this?"
    Dancing with the stars just keeps getting weirder. But I have tried to watch so far.

Quote Originally Posted by wendiq View Post
    I am finding that most of the TV shows keep me interested for several seasons and then they just get old....the writers seem to no longer have new ideas. Not sure how this could be changed.....but yes, I am sick and tired of most of the old story lines and when the original cast gets changed, it changes the whole personality of the show.....NCIS in point!! And if Gibbs retires, then the show will need to be retired! IMHO!!!!!
    There are a couple of shows I watch in syndication, over and over. And I keep enjoying them. I like to watch Bones in syndication for example. But would forget to watch the new Bones? I think this might be their last year so I hope I am better about watching.

I was rather disappointed with NCIS, Bishop is okay - Zeva is not coming back because the actress doesn't want to come back. She has recently said she might be open to a visit but does not want to return full time. I am a big Duckie fan, but would understand at 82 he is reducing his role in the show. Last time I say Mark Harmon on the David Letterman show, he said he will continue as long as the fans want him. I agree with the others, if Mark Harmon leaves, the show will be over.

"Castle" is another favorite of mine and I did see the lady that plays Beckett did not want to return but finally agreed, so they are working in his daughter to have a larger role. Not sure how this will work out, but will keep watching for a while longer.

I am looking forward to the next installment of "Sherlock" from the BBC.

I was disappointed that "Battle Creek" was not renewed for a second season - I just love to watch the Josh Duhamel in anything. But it had an interesting plot and was getting more involved with each episode. Oh well.

We watch "Bones" too. They did the last show of the season as if it would not be renewed - so my guess this will more than likely be the last season. Sometimes it is better to go out before the fans stop watching. I loved the show "Frasier" but thought the last 2 seasons were a waste of time.

Blog Entries
    I think I liked Blood and Oil tonight and Quantico. It is sort of early, but they were both interesting tonight.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Watching the past two episodes of Castle!! Wow back to shows like I watched at the beginning of the show. What do you think???

I am a Big Bang Theory fan and it did not disappoint. Loved it!

I agree blood &boil and quantify do look promising.....I watched something called life in pieces ---I think that was its title----who picks these sitcoms? Wow was all I can say........I still like Last Man Standing.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2