Nightwear

Old 05-30-2011, 03:43 AM

Does anyone on the forum sew their own nighties? It seems like it would be easy enough.
JUst something cool and easy.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by chickadeee55
Does anyone on the forum sew their own nighties? It seems like it would be easy enough.
MY DH made it clear 36 years ago, no nighties. :lol: :lol:
Old 05-30-2011, 03:45 AM

My mother made a quilted house coat and wore it around the house and even quilted wearing it..i can remember that like it was yesterday.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:05 AM

Simple and easy....but an old tshirt is still more comfy!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by marknfran
MY DH made it clear 36 years ago, no nighties. :lol: :lol:
Too much information there marknfran, lol.
I'm sure making nities would be easy, but like alot of sewing nowadays, it would be cheaper just to buy them already made. (And leaves more time for quilting!!)
Old 05-30-2011, 04:18 AM
dd

I thought about making the pj pants a couple yrs ago. Even with cheap WM fabric it was cheaper to just buy them at WM. YEP, leaves more time for quilting.
The only things I do make are PJ pants for my 6'3" son and 6'4" SIL who can't find the pants long enough. They look like they are wearing capris. Not a good look with their hairy legs.lol
Old 05-30-2011, 04:33 AM

LOL

Originally Posted by dd
I thought about making the pj pants a couple yrs ago. Even with cheap WM fabric it was cheaper to just buy them at WM. YEP, leaves more time for quilting.
The only things I do make are PJ pants for my 6'3" son and 6'4" SIL who can't find the pants long enough. They look like they are wearing capris. Not a good look with their hairy legs.lol
Old 05-30-2011, 04:50 AM

When I was in college, my mom made my roommate and I matching granny gowns! Of course that was 5o+ years ago.....Now I just buy the cheap stuff at Walmart for $10. and call it good. If it wears out after a year, so be it. I just buy something else the next season. More time for reading the forum!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I do .... the Little House on the Prairie style .... I can choose the flannelette I like, and make it an "honest" full length nightgown. Even notice how the full length store bought ones don't go to the full length and stop somewhere below the knee?

When I go visiting .... I usually take a light nightie or T-shirt, then if the room is too warm, I'm OK ... and if it's too cool, my flannelette keeps me warm. Plus it doubles as a housecoat, if one is needed.

And yes, easily made .... I actually took a store bought one, and laid it on paper to make a pattern. This winter, I made a pattern from a worn out favourite fleece housecoat and this time used some ugly fabric in my stash .... works better than paper, as sticks somewhat to the fabric you're cutting, whereas paper slides around. And again, was able to make a "long" housecoat, which is so snuggly when walking around (less draft on the legs!) or to curl up in, while watching TV.

The pattern making was not difficult ... of course, the pattern style is very forgiving!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:59 AM

No...never have...but do have patterns for making some by Taylor Made Designs...guess I would rather be quilting most of the time...but maybe someday will make some.