Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
No more buying those expensive facial cleansing strips. Check out these two videos! I have to try these. :) >

No more buying those expensive facial cleansing strips. Check out these two videos! I have to try these. :)

No more buying those expensive facial cleansing strips. Check out these two videos! I have to try these. :)

Old 06-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Power Poster

Ok, I just tried the glue. Well, I don't know about removing the blackheads and it HURT pulling it off! But... my face feels clean and smooth. :lol: I followed up with my cleansing routine afterwards.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:18 PM

Oh sorry lolol, well that stuff gets really stiff ,you can hardly move your face, but I used 2 eggs, figured at my age ,couldn't hurt :-D
It comes off easy enough and my skin feels really smooth and soft(wrinkles are still there though).and it seems like the skin feels a little tighter.
I think I'll do this again....but boy was this messy to do.
I
Old 06-14-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
@cinnya-
I await your report.

I'm worried about Angie. She was last heard from about 5 hours ago. :mrgreen: I bet her pores are going to be mighty clean.
hope she didn't use superglue :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 06-14-2011, 07:32 PM

Someone on the "glue" thread said they used Elmer's as hair gel to make their hair spiky. Obviously, it's short hair. I think. And I she said it was the clear glue, not the white.[/quote]
--------------------------------------------
Isn't school glue made from corn starch? That is why it washes out. I'm almost sure that I read that somewhere, but when I went to check my big bottle of School Glue, (an off brand) all it said was made in India.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:46 PM

Many years ago I used to pour Elmer's Glue over my hands when I got too close to DH's cactus collection. I'd pour it over them and let it dry, then pull off all the glue and all the tiny stickers came along with it. So did some of the embedded dirt from the potted plants, so should do facial skin some good.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:54 PM

might be tryin this tomorrow :)
Old 06-15-2011, 01:28 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by cinnya
I think I'll do this again....but boy was this messy to do.
I
Glad you got some good results. I was thinking of maybe using a pastry brush for the application process. Might cut down on the mess. If I have time, I'll try this tonight. Certainly cheaper than those Biore strips.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:09 AM

I got sidetracked and didn't get to report back. Sorry. LOL Cinnya I hope your DH is still alive!! My kids were cracking up too! I think it felt really good on my face. It kind of tingles a little bit. I only used the one egg white. I wound up putting so much on that I waited about an hour and some of it was still not dry. So, next time I won't put so many layers. Was hoping for a beauty miracle I guess! LOL ;)

My face did feel smother but my charmin wasn't full of stuff like I'd hoped. So, I will try the glue next time and see how that works. :)