Nook e-reader ?

Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 PM

Default Nook e-reader ?

I just started reading a book I know I've already read. How do I delete this book.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:20 AM

You can either Archive it which takes it off the Nook but keeps it in your library at BN or you can delete it and it will be gone from both places. Either way just click on the book and hold your finger down until you get a popup and it'll give you a list to chose from of what you want to do with it. Love both of my Nooks.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:54 AM

It depends on which Nook you have. The original first edition, (non-touch screen)will archive the book, it will remain on the Nook and you can unarchive it. To delete it you have to go online to your Nook account and delete it there.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
You can either Archive it which takes it off the Nook but keeps it in your library at BN or you can delete it and it will be gone from both places. Either way just click on the book and hold your finger down until you get a popup and it'll give you a list to chose from of what you want to do with it. Love both of my Nooks.
Next time I will try that. It would be so nice if that works.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by rjwilder View Post
It depends on which Nook you have. The original first edition, (non-touch screen)will archive the book, it will remain on the Nook and you can unarchive it. To delete it you have to go online to your Nook account and delete it there.
I have The Simple Touch Nook. Right now that's what my DH does. I'm so computer challenged.LOL. When I finish a book it goes off into never never land, so when I find I already read a book I just tap the pages till it looks like I've read the whole thing and it goes off who knows where. Just hoping there was an easier way.

Last edited by true4uca; 07-07-2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-07-2013, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by true4uca View Post
Next time I will try that. It would be so nice if that works.
I have two Nooks, the 3G one and the color one. I haven't used the first one for a while but I know this is what the color one does. I remember the 3G one did leave the archived one on your Nook but greyed it out so that you'd know. I like how that one would group them by author so when you went to get the next one they were all lined up and you could tell which one was archived so you knew you'd read it. I do that with my color so that I can remember which one I have already read. I don't archive my grandsons books because being a kid he will read them or have the device read them to him more than once. Good luck and I love my Nook.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:15 PM

Um...I don't delete books ever (unless I find them embarrassing or disgusting). Sometimes I enjoy re-reading a book. There are some on my Nook that I really don't want my daughters to know I've read. Lol
Old 07-07-2013, 07:39 PM

I leave all my books on my Nook. I also have the app in my computer and my phone. Don't always sync those every time.
So far I have not archived any of them. After all I might want to read one of them again sometime or I might want to let someone else read it.
I usually tell it to sort by author. That seems to make it easier for me to find things.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 PM

I have epub or mobi books for my ereader if anyone can use them they are mostly romance but if you are interested pm me.
Deb
Old 07-08-2013, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
I leave all my books on my Nook. I also have the app in my computer and my phone. Don't always sync those every time.
So far I have not archived any of them. After all I might want to read one of them again sometime or I might want to let someone else read it.
I usually tell it to sort by author. That seems to make it easier for me to find things.
You can still get them from your library again if you have them archived. I archive them so its a reminder that I've read them already. I don't delete them especially since most books are lend me books plus I might want t reread them again. Archiving them is like putting them into storage, you still have them and can pull them out if you need them but in the mean time they are out of the way.