Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Not quilting but dog food info >

Not quilting but dog food info

Not quilting but dog food info

Old 08-10-2012, 04:27 AM

Don't get me started on manners in some young people. Our local news yesterday showed an elderly lady in the Wal-Mart. She passed out in her wheel chair. Some young man came by and did not even offer to check her condition, just stole her purse with $300 inside. He then proceeded to check out and made a purchase. They caught this on the security camera. I hope they catch him, lock him up and throw away the key. Saying all that, there are still some wonderful mannerly young people out there. Just wish there were more.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
Im 72 yrs old and struggle to load and unload liter from the grocery cart.
Nobody has ever offered to help me load or unload. Manners do not exist anymore.
Even walking down the sidewalk I have to get out of younger peoples way as they do not give an inch.
I buy dog food at a ranch and pet store and the people always carry the 30 lb bags to the car without asking if I need help. Of course that doesn't help when I get home and have to unload them and bring them into the house. LOL Even the grocery stores always ask if you need help.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:47 AM

Love this link! Icon17, your yorkie is gorgeous. We just lost one of ours (one of 2 litter mates) a few months ago, and her sister is slowly recovering from grief.

When I notice someone doing something kind for someone else (getting something from a top shelf, lifting a heavy bag, etc), I make a big deal about how wonderful they are for helping and how sad that others don't do it more, and people around hear and notice it. You'd be surprised at how that makes others THINK about their own behavior then. Also, its ok to ASK someone else to help you and then thank profusely the same way. Many of the young ones (and many of the older ones, too) need reminders about manners....
Old 08-10-2012, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by jodyma View Post
Don't get me started on manners in some young people. Our local news yesterday showed an elderly lady in the Wal-Mart. She passed out in her wheel chair. Some young man came by and did not even offer to check her condition, just stole her purse with $300 inside. He then proceeded to check out and made a purchase. They caught this on the security camera. I hope they catch him, lock him up and throw away the key. Saying all that, there are still some wonderful mannerly young people out there. Just wish there were more.
When I was leaving Walmart with a grocery cart full of groceries, a bottle of ketchup fell out and broke on the floor. A young lady pulled some paper towels off the table and immediately wiped it up. She was not a worker but was just standing there talking with a friend.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:55 AM

When I got out of Walmart with my bags of dog food, for some reason, just could not lift to put in back of truck. I saw a couple of young men and I asked if they could put the bags in the truck for me. They both said sure and hurried over and 'did the deed.' I thanked them for helping and they said 'no problem.' They said 'You have a nice day, Mam' and went on into the store. Something you just have to ask. LOL
Old 08-10-2012, 05:15 AM

I feed my dogs Natures Select. The guy delivers it to my house every other Wednesday. If I were home he would bring it into the house and put it where I wanted it. 50 lbs. at a time. Four dogs, 1 German Rott, 2 Rott mixes and a Shepard/Keishound mix. None are small, but they eat less of the Natures Select than other crap I used to feed them so money-wise it evens out. They have cat food too. No minimum order for home delivery, no extra charge.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:03 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
LOL...Tink is on a prescription dog food, so no more going just to a store to get her food. I have to order it from vet.
They ordered the wrong size for me this last time. I only took it because I really needed it and couldn't wait another week till the next order came. Vet did cut me a deal on the price, but Tink has enough food to last 6 months. I had to use every one of my large plastic containers to hold the food. Have to keep it fresh for her majesty...and have to make sure we don't have any reason to get some of those nasty little grain bugs.
I sure wish I had the vet deliver the food...it was heavy to drag in...
They do become little queens and kings don't they .. I laughed when I saw her majesty! LOL I know that feeling really well !LOL
Old 08-10-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by dirty1mom View Post
I feed my dogs Natures Select. The guy delivers it to my house every other Wednesday. If I were home he would bring it into the house and put it where I wanted it. 50 lbs. at a time. Four dogs, 1 German Rott, 2 Rott mixes and a Shepard/Keishound mix. None are small, but they eat less of the Natures Select than other crap I used to feed them so money-wise it evens out. They have cat food too. No minimum order for home delivery, no extra charge.
You spend almost as much on the cheap food as the good. I think it's helpful/necessary to read the ingredients on the bag plus the amount of protein. Most dog foods and cat foods are mostly grains and let's say left over animal parts.

I'd be interested to find out more about the company you deal with. I feed Taste of the Wild myself. A 30# bag doesn't last long when your dog weighs 105 lbs.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:21 PM

Im feed Taste of the Wild to both dogs and cats and the store always carries it out for me. I don't have to ask but sometimes I do have to say that I don't need the help. Get it at a local business in town which is run by truly wonderful people. Dogs seem to eat less of it than they did the other food and definitely the cats eat les than the Purina food.