Not understanding

Old 04-05-2011, 07:32 PM

I don't understand why I click on some title of a post and it comes up blank, or message deleted. If the "police" have deleted the message can't they delete the title, too? And is the message deleted just from this part of the forum and put in another topic or gone completely? And why? Are there rules we can't say certain things? Talk about certain subjects? I've been confused by this for some time.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM

Here are the general rules of the board. Hope it helps.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-30553-1.htm
Old 04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

There have been gremlins on the board since the change over - that might be part of the problem .

As for the rules here is a link to the rules of the main area of the board- each section has additional rules http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-30553-1.htm

If a topic is deleted you won't see it at all- unless you had already answered it and it is in your topic log, so I am thinking it is just a gremlin :wink: We have no way to leave a title and remove the rest
Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 AM

Ok, I understand the rules. So the other day someone titled a post under General Chit-Chat "Grrrrrrr!" so I clicked on it and it said post has been deleted. Is that by the person who wrote it or the moderators? And my confusion is if it had been deleted by the moderators why leave the title "Grrrrrrr!" for us to click on? This has happened probably 5 or 6 times in the last few days. And usually it's a title that expresses frustration or pain and maybe anger. I'm just curious as to why this happens....perhaps the person was making derogatory statements about something and that was the reason...I don't know.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Power Poster

Hit the refresh button. Sometimes I hit a message and nothing appears, but then I hit the refresh and it appears. I don't know why.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 AM

How are you accessing the QB? Sometimes when I get on using my phone it takes a long time to load especially if there are pictures.
And it can take ages for me to be able to read a post I've made. If I go to another post or two and come back then it will be there.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Ok, I understand the rules. So the other day someone titled a post under General Chit-Chat "Grrrrrrr!" so I clicked on it and it said post has been deleted. Is that by the person who wrote it or the moderators? And my confusion is if it had been deleted by the moderators why leave the title "Grrrrrrr!" for us to click on? This has happened probably 5 or 6 times in the last few days. And usually it's a title that expresses frustration or pain and maybe anger. I'm just curious as to why this happens....perhaps the person was making derogatory statements about something and that was the reason...I don't know.
Topics of this nature can and do get deleted. Or if they have broken another rule, or cause disruption to the board.

So, if you commented on the topic, and then someone else replies before it gets deleted, it will show up in your watched topics. I don't think there is a way to stop that from happening. Then when you click on it, it shows that it has been deleted. This way you know what happened to it, so you don't waste your time searching for it :D:D:D
Old 04-06-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6
How are you accessing the QB? Sometimes when I get on using my phone it takes a long time to load especially if there are pictures.
And it can take ages for me to be able to read a post I've made. If I go to another post or two and come back then it will be there.
Nope, brand new PC. This has just been happening the past week, maybe two.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Originally Posted by sew wishful
Topics of this nature can and do get deleted. Or if they have broken another rule, or cause disruption to the board.

So, if you commented on the topic, and then someone else replies before it gets deleted, it will show up in your watched topics. I don't think there is a way to stop that from happening. Then when you click on it, it shows that it has been deleted. This way you know what happened to it, so you don't waste your time searching for it :D:D:D
I've never commented on these posts as they are "new" to the topics lists. So when I see the title, and click on it, it says topic has been deleted. I'll try the refresh and see what happens should it happen again! Thanks for all the help.