Note to group

Old 05-21-2010, 08:45 PM

NO worries.. all's well..
Old 05-21-2010, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Lordy, it amazes me how many posters here have thin skin. It's so unnecessary to take any post as a direct insult. It's just a post. I have to delete a lot of my text in my replies because it would be taken wrong and I'd have a full pm box every day not just the days I don't delete. LOL. Get back to normal soon!
No! No! No! Not a lot of thin skin on this board; if you want to see thin skin and rotten attitudes, join a lot of machine embroidery groups ... yikes ... they're horrible so much of the time. I had to unsubscribe from most of them and put the rest on special notice only. Bicker, bicker, and bicker some more is all they seem to do. This board is great ... I've been snippy here a couple of times and have been sniped at a couple of times, but that's nothing. (And this is from a woman who is especially good at putting both feet in her mouth.)
Old 05-21-2010, 11:46 PM

No problems with me also. Don't let it bother you if other people have thin skin.

Icecream..thats sounds good! I'll take one with you. :)
Take care!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by weezie
Lordy, it amazes me how many posters here have thin skin. It's so unnecessary to take any post as a direct insult. It's just a post. I have to delete a lot of my text in my replies because it would be taken wrong and I'd have a full pm box every day not just the days I don't delete. LOL. Get back to normal soon!
No! No! No! Not a lot of thin skin on this board; if you want to see thin skin and rotten attitudes, join a lot of machine embroidery groups ... yikes ... they're horrible so much of the time. I had to unsubscribe from most of them and put the rest on special notice only. Bicker, bicker, and bicker some more is all they seem to do. This board is great ... I've been snippy here a couple of times and have been sniped at a couple of times, but that's nothing. (And this is from a woman who is especially good at putting both feet in her mouth.)
Are you serious??? Wow, I've never machine embroidered and I sure won't join any boards after reading this!! :D:D:D
I love what Jean Simmons said in How to Make an American Quilt when they were bickering about the design "Bicker, bicker, bicker makes a girl age quicker" :D So cute and I just love that film.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Originally Posted by weezie
Are you serious??? Wow, I've never machine embroidered and I sure won't join any boards after reading this!! :D:D:D
I love what Jean Simmons said in How to Make an American Quilt when they were bickering about the design "Bicker, bicker, bicker makes a girl age quicker" :D So cute and I just love that film.
If you do get a machine that has embroidery capabilities, you will appreciate all the good advice that you can get through groups. PLEASE don't let me scare you off M.E. yahoo groups; there's a lot to be learned at first and you will very soon see which ones are frivolous (not my "cup of tea"), which ones are not, and which ones you want to unsubscribe from ASAP. There are group owners (primarily design digitizers) & group moderators, both of which play a very large part in what kind of experience the members have as part of the group. Every group offers free or sample designs to members; this I think is the root cause of dissension, i.e, threats: "IF YOU ARE JOINING JUST TO GET THE FREE DESIGNS & THEN UNSUBSCRIBE, YOU WILL BE BANNED ... FOREVER!!!!!, etc., and from the members themselves a lot of butt-kissing the owners and/or moderators, while at the same time trashing (page after page after page) a fellow member or members.