Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
NOW what do I do with my time??? >

NOW what do I do with my time???

NOW what do I do with my time???

Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sak658
What kind of supplies are you talking about. Quilting???
yes, the business was Gone-to-pieces!
I specialized in ultrasuede, dyes and their chemicals, paints, inks, paintsticks, fibers, you name it...more of the fun to play with stuff rather than just fabric and thimbles!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluteddi
lol... I'll show my age... I can remember when there were no fees to sell on EBAY!!
ME too....I started selling on ebay when they opened...became a store in 2002!

I have rolled along and made the adjustments and changes that have always been demanded by ebay every spring and fall...but it is OLD and weary now...and I am tired of working 24/7/365, just to pay them....
Old 04-15-2011, 09:53 PM

I have 3 Etsy stores because they are more reasonable, but there are getting to be SO MANY stores that the sales are harder to get. Hope you do well on Etsy.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Treasureit
I have 3 Etsy stores because they are more reasonable, but there are getting to be SO MANY stores that the sales are harder to get. Hope you do well on Etsy.
I have been on Etsy for about 4 years now...sales have always been hit and miss...and now with so much more vintage stuff showing up, it is rapidly losing its "artsy" ambiance and going junky....
Old 04-15-2011, 10:33 PM

I am so sorry to hear that you closed your Ebay store. You are the reason I love dyeing my own fabrics as I bought my very first fabric dyes from you. I hope that you will post when you have your auction sales (if you are allowed to).
Old 04-16-2011, 04:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek
I am so sorry to hear that you closed your Ebay store. You are the reason I love dyeing my own fabrics as I bought my very first fabric dyes from you. I hope that you will post when you have your auction sales (if you are allowed to).
Hi Rose...I am going to have all of the dye stuff on Etsy now!
It is not all there yet, as I have two out of town shows to do first, then will sit and get them on there, but they will be there as I still teach and do a lot of dyeing!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:45 AM

Jacquie, you must have an amazing amount of stuff. Why not sell here every week. I know with the rules change it is a bit more time consuming for the seller but we would love to have you sell here!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
Jacquie, you must have an amazing amount of stuff. Why not sell here every week. I know with the rules change it is a bit more time consuming for the seller but we would love to have you sell here!
I think she won't be allowed, mostly because she has an Etsy shop, but she could ask permission.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Banned

I do sell here, only I am trying to destash my personal stash, not the inventory! THe inventory I use to do craft shows, guild shows, etc...

might do books and patterns here, only because I won't be selling those on Etsy! Etsy is mainly for fiber art and embellishing stuff!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:29 PM

I am a vendor and do Arts and Crafts shows but they all have been down for about two years now so I only do a couple in Fall and one in summer. The fees have not gone down and sometime up if anything and sales are lower. I live out of a big city and then I have to travel to do the shows and it is to expensive and alot of work, besides making everything. It is sad for all of us.