Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Officially Old(er)

Oh, to be 50 again.

Happy 50th!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Happy Birthday.
    I have outlived my 4 siblings, oldest died 12 1/2 years ago, she was the last one to die. I am still here and don't know why. I enjoy every day I am given. I thank God for letting me live so long. We have each other, 3 kids, six Grandkids, one bonus Grandson, and three Great Grandkids and sure to have more before too long.
    I decided several years ago that I wanted to make quilts with whatever time I had left. I finish one and start another. I sew on a quilt at least everyday.
    I am 69 and have a Husband, three cats, a dog, a puppy and a bird. We both still work full time.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I was 59 this year which is not a milestone for most people BUT my MIL died at 59 and so did my dad. It is an odd feeling as I don't feel THAT old! It definitely makes me appreciate every day!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations. Here's to a long life ahead for you. I understand how you would be missing your mum and brother. Even though my mum and my sister were much older than that, I still miss them terribly.

Sorry for your losses. Wishes for a happy healthy long lifetime ahead!

Congratulations. I remember a similar celebration in my life too. I have lived nearly 15 years longer than my mother. I truly celebrated my 50, not as over any hill but a celebration of reaching the hill. I do miss not having her advise about her years from 49 on but I make sure to pass the day by day trials and joys of life on to my children. (Many more joys than trials.)

Celebrate to day wildly and enjoy every birthday forward from here. You are carrying on the legacy of your mother and brother. What a gift you have to give on their behalf!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Many said I would probably die at the same age as my mother. I just turned 64 and she died 22 years ago at the age of 64. Dh was not looking forward to his 49th BD. His father passed at that age. He just turned 56. It all depends on when the Lord feels you have completed your purpose on earth. That is my belief. Celebrate each day you have. Will heed your warning and grow in the same manner from afar.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinePaj View Post
    Okay guys,

It has gone midnight here so I am officially 50..... Now I'm not looking for any congrats, I would just like to share with you all my heartfelt love that I send out to my Mother and Brother...... Neither of them reached the age I am today and I miss them so. My mum died when she was just 49 and my wonderful brother died when he was just 43.

I am so grateful for every day and I just want you all to share my good fortune of ageing with me and I am giving you all advanced warning.......... I am going to grow old disgracefully - LOL!

Thank you for letting me share.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline, I fully understand. My father died at 39, and my mother died at 49. And here I am about to be 80. I grew up thinking I probably wouldn't live beyond 50, but I sure was wrong. I am thankful for every day I have, and although I have had several hospital visits and surgeries, I am basically in good health.

Happy Birthday and many wishes for a long and healthy life!

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy Birthday! Indeed, we all should enjoy each day we are blessed with. Best wishes always.

Happy Birthday and have many more. It is hard to loose those we love. My brother just turned 73 and I am not sure he will make another year, he is not doing well.

Hi Guys,

you know.... My first day of being 50 has been fantastic....... Now I an sitting in bed with the radio on eating ice cream........ Growing older disgracefully -LOL LOL LOL.

Hugs to you all and thank you for you kind and lovely comments and birthday wishes.....

Caroline
    Caroline

Happy Birthday!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2