Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oh My Gosh..Ants!  You wouldn't guess where! >

Oh My Gosh..Ants! You wouldn't guess where!

Oh My Gosh..Ants! You wouldn't guess where!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:26 AM

While visiting our daughter, when she was living in Australia, I woke up one morning and on the wall just above my head
was the biggest spider I had ever seen. It was called a "huntsman?" I screamed loud enough to be heard in downtown
Brisbane. When everything had calmed down, I was told that these spiders "are our friends" They eat other undesirable
critters !! I was also told that the guy on the wall was a "small one".........."you ought to see the size of the ones out in the shed" She now has returned to the United States, and I have no need to visit Australia again. I know that we have several people, on the board, who live in Australia..........Please forgive me, the ugliest thing I have ever had to deal with here in Maryland, is a Stink Bug.......then there were the rattlesnakes in my home state of North Dakota, Oh well, to each his own I guess.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:17 AM

I stopped by and talked to the lady I work for yesterday, She knew the name of the ant but I cant remember started with an F (no not that one) anyway she said they were not normal inside ants and that they do not eat stuff in your house, their food is outside, and that there is probably some sort of a weather condition that caused them to move inside. It is just getting them to stay out. hope this helps. Or at least makes you feel better that it is just a fluke that they got in you bedroom.