Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oh no SIL losing job on Friday >

Oh no SIL losing job on Friday

Oh no SIL losing job on Friday

Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 AM

I am so sorry to hear the news of the loss of jobs. It is distressing to hear. Prayers for all those looking for work that they find something soon and this economy picks up soon.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 AM

It's tough any time of the year. I think this time of the year is rougher because of the weather, the gray skies & because we've been programmed that this is "the most wonderful time of the year".
Becoming unemployed is another reason to stock up on food & daily necessities.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:07 AM

I will keep them in prayer. God has a plan for them there are better things out there just have to keep the faith!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 PM

I will pray for them both. My fiance lost his job in June 2009 and is still unemployed. He only has a couple more weeks left of his extension. Thank goodness I have a job. It doesn't pay very much, but at least it's something. :|
Old 12-08-2010, 12:23 PM

I will be given 12 weeks notice of redundancy on 6th January. Even qualified nurses are not safe here in the UK.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
I hate hearing this at this time of the year. Our youngest DS has started posting web sites that are out sourcing their jobs to foreign countries & hoping that us, Americans, United We stand, will boycott them. I've gotten to where I refuse to talk to someone I can no longer understand too. But it's just amazing that the companies are doing this. Don't they realize that 'on down the road' it is going to bite them in the butt? EVENTUALLY it will get to them. Support our US workers!
---------------------------------------------------------
Darn RIGHT. I always look at labels now to see where things are made before I let loose of my limited money.
What I think I'll start doing is making a list of the companies that are outsourcing all their work and telling them I'm going to boycott their products.
I NO LONGER BUY HERSHEY'S CANDIES, and while a smaller work force is still in the US==Mexico is now producing Hershey's there (ONLY three thousand Americans were fired)
I feel that I have to take a stand somewhere. With the width of my rear end I sure do not need chocolate, and can make do with Carob, which is not so highly manufactured with chemicals.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:55 PM

It is a heart ache for those losing jobs...the economy is at such a state that it seems no one is immune to losing their job. My son-in-law lost his job 2 weeks ago and at this time of year it is most difficult to job hunt - we are praying not only for him but for all of you that are looking for work or know someone that is looking for a job.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
My DD just told me her husband's last day at work is this Friday. He's 35 and has an MBA so I'm hoping that his young age and college ed. will help him.
So now my stay-at-home-mom DD will start looking for a job too just in case. She has a Bachelors degree so I hope all their education will help not hurt them. But I know alot of places will tell them they're over qualified.
What a rotten time of year to get rid of employees (although I know there is no "good" time of year to lose your job).
Thanks for letting me vent.
I love haing this place to vent at. My husband also hates that "over-qualified" saying.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:50 PM

I have 2 SIL's unemployed. One will be 2 years this Christmas and the other one just a few months. Tough on them and their families.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Power Poster

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! My oldest son has his Master's and is bartending and doing anything to make money right now.