Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OH this weather 40degrees centigrade for the last week and so humid >

OH this weather 40degrees centigrade for the last week and so humid

OH this weather 40degrees centigrade for the last week and so humid

Old 02-28-2011, 01:56 AM

I wish this weather would break we have not had rain for 3 months, and the last few nights we have had thunder storms but no rain and it is so humid. I am spending most of my days in the cat shed as it has airconditioning and my temporary sewing room is in the next room so I at least get to do some sewing. tho no airconditioning only what drifts in.
Oh for my new house.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Power Poster

Well in Ohio on Friday we had a foot of snow. This morning we are having rain and fog and its going to get colder later today and snow again. I don't think I want to feel sorry for you. He, He, He.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:56 AM

I feel for you Litacats. My brother lives over there and it sounds just awful. We have had a really humid summer too, but not as high temperatures as you've had.
Hope you get a break in the weather soon.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:39 AM

We are also experiencing hot and humid weather here in Queensland so I empathise with you. It usually doesn't cool down here until April or May. May have to invest in some airconditioning.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 AM

Oh hot weather is awful! try to stay cool and drink lots of water. I will take cold any day you can always add more cloths or an extra blanket when it is hot you can only remove so many cloths before they arrest you!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:17 PM

we have had 2 storms in 2 days and they have all gone around us. 150klm winds were predicted all we got were a few drops of rain to add to the humidity and a little wind. mind you 1/2 an hour down the road they had trees over the roads and roads flooded. just up the road from us they had a lightning strike and someones paddock caught fire but they got it out quickly thank goodness. but today is a little cooler thank goodness.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Power Poster

I know exactly how you feel....Yesterday we had the guy turn up to install our solar pv system....I could not believe it when he insisted on staying on our roof when the weather hit! I limped inside with the animals and watched the windows hoping I wouldn't see a body falling off the roof. After the worst had passed he emerges from the roof, battered, saturated, but pleased he got the last panel bolted on. During the worst of it - he laid down on the roof clutching the edge of the panel. We had no power for awhile, and the garden is a mess....but no damage.

It did help cool everything down a little, but not enough for me right now. Roll on winter!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:06 AM

I will be so glad when we get solar on again I hate paying such high prices for power. glad you got yours connected as for the instaler I wonder if he gets danger money LOL