Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OK this might be a mistake but I am in pain.

I'm not even going to tell you what happened to me after falling like that, but a dr. needs to see you asap. Just know that I had a wrong diagnosis and now can barely walk.(My ribs were broke, which started a chain reaction.) All from a fall......I hate to see what happened to me, happen to anyone else.

Blog Entries
    Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear the outcome. I sure do hope you are at the ER! I've broken ribs more than once (I used to show hunter/jumper horses...yeah, yeah...I know) It is very painful!

Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    Cathy, you are too kind. Yeah, I did all that. But I actually got my practitioner back in '81, before there was an advanced practice act. Once it was established, I could have been grandfathered in if the program documentation were available, but it was no longer in existence and there was no one to fill in the paperwork. I would have had to do it all over again. I actually started, and then said, well, heck, been there, done this. So I'm just a plain old critical care nurse now. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned the NP thing, although I do try to keep up.
    Cathy and Gaigai - thanks for the response. I don't want to hijack this thread. I'll start another one about the wonderful nurses, whatever their cert is, that my husband and I have met and gone through over the past 6 months and 4 hospital visits. Boy, you talk about angels!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone,

I couldn't stand it and woke up and tried calling kw again and she answered. Upshot of it is, she has NOT gone to the ER, and I think that she probably DOES have a cracked rib, but after speaking to (GRILLING) her at length, I am comfortable with her waiting to see her private doc on Monday (with all sorts of condtions implicit in the agreement). She has some good pain pills left over from a previous injury/surgery, is not having any difficulty breathing , and isn't in enough distress that we couldn't laugh together. I know, it's mean to make someone laugh when they're hurt, but hey, it's what I do best! LOL.

Anyhow, she's going to take another pain pill right now to recover from ME (I can't imagine why!) and will post for us later this evening. I did tell her to sleep with a pillow on top of her chest, because I just KNOW that Evil Kitty (Or Sweet Angel Kitty) is going to do "touch and go" on her chest.

Blog Entries
    Well, that update does make me feel better gai. Thanks so much for checking up on her and letting us know. :D

Glad to hear someone is checking on her. Thanks, Gaigai.

I still hope she goes to the doc on Monday!!

OK OK Here I am. (on drugs so you will have to read betweent the lines and drool). I have been asleep all day and having bad dreams. As Gai said I have decided to go to the Dr. on Monday morning. Our hospital is so amazingly awful that you only go if you have NO other option. Going there could be fatal in itself. I have been taking it easy and moving very slowly. I SOOO do appreciate all of you all. Thank you for your thoughts and concern. Only a couple of you have scared me. HEHEHE.

Blog Entries
    Hope it turns out to be nothing. The bad dreams are most likely from the meds. If you can breathe fine, and move around (albeit slow), and sleep, then it sounds like you'll be OK. Fingers crossed!

Yeah MQ that was my take on it. If breathing normally was painful I would have gone to the next county hospital. As it is I can sleep eat and breath so i figure Monday will be ok.

I still think a visit to the Dr is in order. Just to make sure it isn't something that should be treated.

Yeah I will call first thing Monday morning. I promise

K, you just take care of yourself and you BETTER go to the doc on Monday!! Hey, tomorrow is Monday for me! :) :)

I still have fathers day to go through.

Just take it easy!
    Also, if those meds are giving you nightmares,,,I'm thinking you are taking Vicodin? STOP TAKING THEM or just take 1/2 of one. That stuff did the same to me and now my doc has them on the "allergic" area of my record.

I am taking Skelaxin

Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    I am taking Skelaxin
    Might want to tell your doc about that stuff. Have them put it on the "no-no" list for you. Drug induced nightmares are no fun.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I am taking Skelaxin
    Might want to tell your doc about that stuff. Have them put it on the "no-no" list for you. Drug induced nightmares are no fun.

Skelaxin is actually a muscle relaxer, not a pain med per se. That being said, I think I may be the cause for the nightmares, Terri. (Sorry kw). I told her to be sure and sleep with a pillow over her ribs because Evil Kitty might just jump on her while she was sleeping. (There are bed monsters too, ya know. Just ask any little kid!). Maybe she having "anticipation" nightmares!

LOL Yea, we do cause nightmares to others at times lol

My MIL was actually the one that told me to stop taking the Vicodin. She's a nurse that works with the AIDS patients...don't know how she does it, except she gets paid very well for it, she's been doing it for about 20 years. She said that at times the docs would change meds on the patients to make them more comfortable, but the meds would cause horrendous nightmares, so they would have to stop those meds. I had talked to my doc about it and he said that yes, nightmares can be a side effect to some meds and then put that on the "no no " list for me.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Gai you dragon, you! LOL But well done for checking up on KW! And as for you K, I hope you get it seen to and sorted tomorrow, will be waiting to hear, you KNOW there's no escape! LOL

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Gai you dragon, you! LOL But well done for checking up on KW! And as for you K, I hope you get it seen to and sorted tomorrow, will be waiting to hear, you KNOW there's no escape! LOL

Yeah, she can't hide. I have her address and phone number! LOL. And hey, K3n, don't think you would be safe either, if I had yours. Long distance charges be da-- oops, darned! :P

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    And hey, K3n, don't think you would be safe either, if I had yours. Long distance charges be da-- oops, darned! :P
    OK my number is 0033 555 ???????? LOL not tellin! I'm scared! A good friend in England was a nurse and she was a real p in the a if you had a pain somewhere 'get it checked out asap, na na na...'. BUT if SHE was sick - NIGHTMARE!!!

Hans and I were watching a programme last night where a British paramedic had to have an op on her knee and INSISTED on a local NOT a general so she could 'supervise' the surgeon! :D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    OK my number is 0033 555 ???????? LOL not tellin! I'm scared! A good friend in England was a nurse and she was a real p in the a if you had a pain somewhere 'get it checked out asap, na na na...'. BUT if SHE was sick - NIGHTMARE!!!

Hans and I were watching a programme last night where a British paramedic had to have an op on her knee and INSISTED on a local NOT a general so she could 'supervise' the surgeon! :D

Well, I'm kinda the opposite there. Usually I say it's no big deal, all bleeding stops eventually! :mrgreen: In fact I told my sisters that if they EVER took their kids to an emergency room for Fever, Vomiting, or Diarrhea, that I would personally bitch-slap them into the next county!

When I had a bad car wreck in January, I didn't go to the ER, I just went to my doc (saw a Nurse Practitioner), refused all xrays and just wanted a couple of days of pain meds! LOL

But, when I had knee surgery, and the surgeon and anesthesiologist couldn't agree on whether I should have a nerve block or a pain-ball, I demanded both.

The anesthesiologist came in pre-op while the nurse was starting my IV. He and I had been working together for a while, so we were good buds. Anyhow, when the nurse blew the vein, he grabbed my hand to start the IV himself, and asked the nurse for some lidocaine to numb it before the stick. I told him to just go ahead and stick, I wasn't afraid of needles, and lidocaine BURNS! THEN, he started telling me about the nerve block. (I had never had one of those!) and that he would be injecting me in my GROIN! Oh the Horror! I looked at him and said "You WILL put me to sleep FIRST, won't you?" When he looked perplexed, because, evidently they don't usually, and asked why, I told him "Well, I don't know about YOUR groin, but that is a VERY sensitive area for ME! Please, please, I can't be awake for that one!" He just laughed. But he did!

Blog Entries
    OK OK Here I am. (on drugs so you will have to read betweent the lines and drool). I have been asleep all day and having bad dreams. As Gai said I have decided to go to the Dr. on Monday morning. Our hospital is so amazingly awful that you only go if you have NO other option. Going there could be fatal in itself. I have been taking it easy and moving very slowly. I SOOO do appreciate all of you all. Thank you for your thoughts and concern. Only a couple of you have scared me. HEHEHE.
    Just to prove that I am not the evil in disguise....I am going to be very nice and not put anything on here to make you laugh and hurt
    I hope that the doctor finds out what is ailing you and can get it taken care of quickly!!! If not, that he can atleast keep you medications to take away the pain so you can keep resting well. :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Glad gai talked to you. I came in on this late and do not have to worry as long as everyone else has.

Sleep well, see the doc tomorrow and take care!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast