Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
OK this might be a mistake but I am in pain. >

OK this might be a mistake but I am in pain.

OK this might be a mistake but I am in pain.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Glad it's just bruising. It will hurt for a bit. Make sure you take watch for the pretty colors that will show up.

I fall down our stairs quite frequently thanks to a little furry girl that likes to get under my feet! I'm just glad it's only 2 steps that I miss and not all of them, that would really do some damage. My stairs are cement with ceramic tile and the edges are pretty sharp. Anyway....I usually get some pretty yellows, purples and blues that emerge from the bruises. I keep saying I'm going to install some pillows at the bottom of the steps lol
Terri -- maybe you need to wear the pillows instead....
Old 06-22-2009, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Glad it's just bruising. It will hurt for a bit. Make sure you take watch for the pretty colors that will show up.

I fall down our stairs quite frequently thanks to a little furry girl that likes to get under my feet! I'm just glad it's only 2 steps that I miss and not all of them, that would really do some damage. My stairs are cement with ceramic tile and the edges are pretty sharp. Anyway....I usually get some pretty yellows, purples and blues that emerge from the bruises. I keep saying I'm going to install some pillows at the bottom of the steps lol
Quilt colors!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 PM

LOL

You know, it wouldn't be bad if I could hold the railings but the railings are 6 inches wide! Kinda hard to wrap your hand around that.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:02 PM

Sooooo happy to hear no break, but those cartiledge bruises can take awhile to heal. Be very very careful not to pick up heavy things or do any salsa dancing until you're feeling way better! So glad our prayers worked!

Hugs,
Sharon
Old 06-22-2009, 10:14 PM

Thanks for telling us all that you are well, sort of, it will hurt for awhile, but glad nothing is broken or even cracked! Do take it easy for awhile now. Do you hand quilt? That would keep you busy. Or you could sit and make yoyos. Or you could sit and watch TV. haha Just sit!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 AM

Well it is back to the Dr. for me. I have developed that cough I heard so much about. CRAP!!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:19 AM

Me too :roll: Tomorrow is DH B-day and we are having a party at out camp with live music and all. I don't want to ruin that.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:51 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Oh K - I sure hope you're OK and can enjoy DH's party! Go to the doc first thing - maybe he can give you something that'll keep it at bay at least until after the party!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
Well it is back to the Dr. for me. I have developed that cough I heard so much about. CRAP!!!!
OH NO :( It is sooo hard to breathe deeply enough with sore ribs...I hope that you can get something to help!!! Take it easy camping....make the others wait on you!!!! 8) 8) 8) Milk it for all it's worth....I'm sure you have waited on all of them in the past at some time or another :wink: :wink: 8) 8)
Old 06-26-2009, 11:24 PM

Oh K, i've just read your thread, so sorry for the pain you're in! But goodness, everyone here is so wonderful, and all the care for you here on this thread, so one min i'm reading all this and feeling all sappy, next min i find myself laughing, you guys saying tapping fingers waiting LOL. But that's really the craps that you have a cough now, saying prayers for you to feel better soon