OMG!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 02:35 AM
Power Poster

My DGD was 2. We were at the Indianapolis Children's Museum. She had to go. My DD felt something warm on her leg. DGD slid her pants and diaper off and went. Right there in front of a display. The security guard merely pointed to the bathroom. He was laughing too hard. As soon as they were in the little room the staff was all over the little wet spot... They acted like it was an every day occurrence.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:41 AM

Happy coz I had two girls!! I did look after a little boy once and when I was changing him he decided he had to go in the middle of the change, at least it saved a fresh change! Can't wait til I have grandkids now! I don't nag my girls tho, have a pet duck and so love her company!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL
That is easy.....put him back wards on the potty..and put a few cherrios in the toilet and tell him that he has to sink them....and then reward him with M & M's when he is done...I had my son trained in 2 weeks that way.....
hahahaha... a creative quilter!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:46 PM

I guess I should have said he is grown now and has told me he used to slide thru where he got stuck all the time. Also he was holding himself up with his arms. NOT JUST BY HIS NECK.
Also, I don't appreciate the implication that I'm a bad mother because of a couple isolated incidents. You can't wrap your children in bubble wrap.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa
Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady
I know I shouldn't laugh but... boys can do funny things. I know, I raised one. He's 31 and still cracks me up sometimes.
Ok...how much worse does it get???
Well, one morning my little early bird didn't crow at the usual time so I stayed in bed enjoying the unexpected sack time. All stayed quiet but I got up to start the day on tip-toe, dressed, etc. then went to peek in at the little darling. He was standing up, hanging on the the crib rail, bouncing and grinning. He, too, had removed his diaper or it slid off because of the heavy load. All had been quiet because little man had discovered- - - - - finger painting! The crib ends, the rails and himself, head, hair, face and body were smeared with pasty brown BM. GAG! GAG! GAG! that's me. Grin! Grin! Grin! that's him. So happy, so.....artistically stimulated?

Down the hall and run water in the tub. Back up the hall to pick up the child. Eww, GAG, GAG. I loosen the sheet and the mattress pad at the corners, pull them around the happy artist and tote him off to the waiting bath, which he also enjoyed. See what fun memories they make for us. :?

I have photo of him covered in brown. Thankfully he's sitting in his high chair practicing spoon skills with chocolate pudding with help from fingers.

You should know, that boy grown large is still quite artistic. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-31-2011, 07:25 PM

Greenheron, that is quite a story!! I can see it in my mind, but fortunately can't smell it. You have a gift of telling it so well. Have you told it to his friends?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:35 PM

About peeing all over the bathroom floor. Tell them gentlemen sit to pee so their women don't have to step in it. Or make the boy wipe up the floor around the toilet!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 PM

When my daughter was 5 I caught her out in the yard with her friends and she had a "pony" can of beer. Remember those they were about 6 ounces. She loudly announced her dad bought her kid size beers and pulled the tab and was going to drink it before I caught her and took it away.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by willis.debra
I guess I should have said he is grown now and has told me he used to slide thru where he got stuck all the time. Also he was holding himself up with his arms. NOT JUST BY HIS NECK.
Also, I don't appreciate the implication that I'm a bad mother because of a couple isolated incidents. You can't wrap your children in bubble wrap.
I think most of us understand that you are not a bad mother... stuff happens to the best of us... (I thought that implication was a bit harsh also and naive)... your son sounds as if he was very hands-on and curious about everything - along with testosterone you probably had your hands full... but with lots and lots of fun stories (now that he is grown)... I think you probably did a remarkable job ... now your son and you can have some very good laughs and you can relax a bit.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 PM

(I thought that implication was a bit harsh also and naive)

Hubby and I have 7 children. The last one was a girl... finally! With so many boys we are not naive! The 22 yo twins are productive and out of the nest. Oh, and non of them have surprised us with tickets, arrests, early grandchildren or anything else. We just chose to raise or children by protecting them and teaching them.

My post was coming from the fact that I am a NICU nurse and I focus on safety. I only had limited info. Happy her son had the audacity to hang on.

Out of all the boys, they are turning out great! We are truly proud parents in our upper 40's.

It takes so much these days to turn out a great kid. We are exhausted, but we will have a life after these last 2... we have 2 under 2.