Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One year today!

Blog Entries
    It's been one year today since I bought any stash fabric.
    I did have to buy a 1/2 yd to finish a quilt but since I used it all up immediately I don't count it.
    I've donated 1/3 of my stash to a church group, and I've used up some yardage on my own during the year. I figure it'll be another 2 years before my stash is gone. Never again! I'll buy as needed only.

Wow, your stash must have been huge!!!

Well done. It is so hard to give up the addiction. Fortunately, I have very limited storage space so nowadays can only replace what I have used. It is very good discipline, but oh the urges to buy that cute fabric just because I might use it someday!!!!

Blog Entries
    Congrats. I like my stash. Sometimes, I just need to touch, look at, surround myself with fabric. I want to keep mine.......

Congratulations. I'm working on my stash, too, but can't say I've resisted some of the new designs.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Great willpower. I keep saying i amgoing to use up my stash but somehow it keeps growing. I love fabric.

Blog Entries
    i am working on that too. I am trying to buy only background fabric as needed.

Blog Entries
    I love your avatar. I just got that same machine from my mother. Do you know what year it is? Do you use yours for quilting. I have played with mine some but when I have time want to sit down and use it for awhile. It works great. the manuel has a few pages missing

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    That's amazing! Good for you! I don't think I could be so good :)

Blog Entries
    well if you wouldl ike to bu new stash just let mek now and I will help deplete your old stash. lol..

Congrats you have more will power than most quilters i know.

Like fidgety, I can certainly help you deplete the stash!!! I have NOTHING!!!

More power to you.

Blog Entries
    You are my new inspiration (along with everyone else on this board!)

Wow! That is amazing!
    ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wvhill22
    I love your avatar. I just got that same machine from my mother. Do you know what year it is? Do you use yours for quilting. I have played with mine some but when I have time want to sit down and use it for awhile. It works great. the manuel has a few pages missing
    I don't use the machine in my avatar anymore. I have too many new fancy machines...lol. But I grew up sewing on it and used it till 2005 and it sews beautifully. It was my mother's so I'll never sell it. I hope my DDs will want it when I'm gone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zennia
    I love fabric.
    I do too! When I go to Joanns I spend a lot of time looking and touching and wishing. But then I force myself to just buy the notion that I went there for and leave!

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    To use up /give away an entire stash in only 3 years is quite an achievement!

How long had you been "stashing"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    To use up /give away an entire stash in only 3 years is quite an achievement!

How long had you been "stashing"?
    I'm not quite sure, but a while. I used to go to fabric stores just to buy stash fabric, nothing else. That was so much fun!!

Power Poster
    Wow!

That is wonderful! You are an inspiration it is so hard with all the new beautiful fabrics. I am trying to do the same except I find I need solids/blenders. If I ever get the stash under control I will only buy by the project.

I'm weak as a sick cat when it comes to resisting beautiful fabric. It would probably take me 5 years to sew all I have. Yes it's a sickness but one I enjoy.

I decided to buy only what I needed, as some of the fabric in my stash is over 10 years old, and I am not in love with it any more. Last week I relented and bought just 1 yard each of two different fabrics, just because I liked them. Would you believe when I got home I found that I already had some of one of the fabrics. So I really mean it this time, that I will only buy what I need. UNTIL NEXT TIME !!!!

Blog Entries
    I have found that I am at the point of NO MORE ROOM for fabric :shock: :shock: :cry:

My sewing room is only so big....I can't cram anything else in, and I am not giving up anything that is in there. DH has promised me a flat screen TV so I can get rid of the small filing cabinet that holds the current TV. That will help, but it won't give me any more storage space.

Guess I have to use up some of what I have before I get more!! I am packed to the ceiling on my fabric shelves. Maybe I'll have to de-stash some...(gasp!!)

I'm doing the same thing - only not for as long a time as you. Started the resolution in August last year and will not stop until there is not enough material to make even a place - mat with. I am using some of it to cover cord to make coiled fabric baskets. Strength to our resolve as I am very surprised at the amount of money I am saving!

I don't have the willpower to stop adding to my stash. When I see a pattern, kit or fabric I like, I just have to get it. What if I want it at a later date and it is no longer available? I have the same problem with cross stitch patterns. I could stitch 24-7 for a long time and still hardly make a dent. I do go through them every so often and take a good hard look at them - will I really make that design? If not I take it to work and put it in the employee lounge. Everyone has disappeared so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast