Our new kitten!!

Old 05-15-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
They make low kitten boxes. Yes, stimulate after eating. I used a cotton ball and held them over a coated paper plate. I just kept the kittens confined to the bath room until they all learned to use the box, which they did pretty much all on their own. I did put a poop on top and put kitties in the box a few times to give them the general idea.

You may be able to give the formula in a bowl now - just see if the little guy can lap it up yet. I had my group eating on their own (kitten kibble) by 4 weeks. I did mix kibble and formula and turn them loose (in the tub!) a few times. What fun!
Hi,I have had people tell me to stimulate with a washrag,but how do you do it?I got 3 / 2 week old babies,and have had them now 3 days.They did poop last night.As the first nite,I had to give them canned cat food with water cause that's all I had. (mama disapeared by a coyote I think) One almost died of constipation.But rallied and have them on canned kitten milk now,even tho it's $3.97 a 8 oz can.They are drinking about a can a day now.They wouldn't take a bottle.But are drinking good now out of a shallow pan,and I only put enough to cover the bottom barley at a time till their through eating,else they blow bubbles.So,could use some help.I had a reciepe and can't find it.I think it was 4 oz of evaporative milk,1 Tb Karo syrup,,1 egg yolk,but not positive.I would like a cheaper formula,on the other hand,I want them to have the best for the next 3 weeks.So,if you could help me out on the stimulateing part,or formula's,I'd be most greatfull.I already have them potty trained.But think it would'n hurt to know how,in case one of then needs help going.Their still pretty tiny.We tried to get the neighbors cats,she has 3 mama's,to take them.But they wouldn't.They hissed at them.Thanks.I'm bushed too.They are a every 4 hr project.Hard work.Their sleeping now.Thanks in advance.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:05 PM

Awww what a sweetie.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:41 PM

all i ever had to do was take them one time to the litter box, take their little paws and scratch the litter and that was all it has taken for my fur babies. wish my dog could use the litter box. he has tried. funny to watch.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:56 PM

What a darling little thing!! As far as training, every so often just put him in the litter box. It is amazing how quickly they figure it out!! My little Bitzy was so-o-o-o tiny when I first got her that I used a small box and removed the nasties with a plastic teaspoon!! It had sides short enough that she could get in and out on her own. The most difficult thing I had to deal with was keeping her big sister out of the box!!! There was only one time that Bitzy didn't quite make it to her box. Having Peej will also make the training much easier because Milo will imitate what he does. Enjoy your new little furbaby!!! Be sure to post pics on a regular basis so we can watch him grow!! :thumbup:
Old 05-15-2011, 06:01 PM

What a cute little ball of fur!