Out of Toilet paper again

Old 11-23-2020, 08:10 PM

I think a lot of the run on basics like t.p. and flour is because once again, we are in a lockdown. They say it's only for 2 weeks, but they said that last time too.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

My husband went to Costco today- no TP!
He found some at Kroger. My goodness -what the heck?
Old 11-24-2020, 12:05 PM
Power Poster

It's simple supply and demand. Many cities and towns are looking at stay at home mandates and people know to stock up for at least a month. Those that did not do this when the supply was plenty are out now trying to. In these trying days it's foolish to think you can run to the store anytime and expect what you need to be there. We all have a quilt stash of items we will use. The same mindframe should be for the pantry stash too.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:31 AM

I was just at Walmart, tons of toilet paper, even Clorox wipes and Lysol wipes, paper towels too. Signs were up to only take one so I did. When I checked out the lady in front of me had more than one and the register would only ring up one. My son and his family make up 9 people so several of them shop together so they may look like hoarders but in reality they need more than one package. He has two of the older kids stand in line and they buy the extra stuff they need.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:11 AM

Well, I don't really hoard, but I do buy a package whenever I go to Kroger. So far they are not out of it. Also if they have it at Costco or Sam's Club I will buy some ( the store Here only let you buy one large package at a time. It's not like I have a ton of TP ,but if the stores all run out we will be alright.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

Stores here have tp and paper towels but only one or two brands available and limit one each. With the covid cases increasing it's time to be prepared for more lockdowns and stay at home mandates that can happen anytime. The stores will not be able to keep up with everyone shopping at the last minute. Don't be part of that. Try to buy extra a little at a time.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:05 AM

Commissary this last week had plenty of toilet paper, but it was being rationed, along with meat. What I couldn't find was allspice for holiday baking.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

I noticed a lot of spice racks not stocked last week when I was looking for bay leaves. Herbs seemed to be plentiful. It's easy to grow herbs in the US but not most spices. I picked up the last jar of mace. I use it in gingerbread and spice cakes. It only takes a little but it adds that certain flavor.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:50 PM

my supermarket rewards program is giving me a coupon for another two packages of free toilet paper, so I will get it next week.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:16 PM

I'm not having much trouble finding toilet paper as long as I don't care what brand it is. I do care what brand my paper towels are and it's not always easy to find. But now I noticed the cheese aisle is cleaned out. I guess everyone is craving cheese all of a sudden.