Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Panto has finished (oh yes it has!) >

Panto has finished (oh yes it has!)

Panto has finished (oh yes it has!)

Old 01-29-2012, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Scakes View Post
Thanks for sharing. Looks like it was great fun! I love plays - wish I could have seen it.
Well, Scakes, if you are near Darlington in County Durham, next year in the middle of January, you would be very welcome! Actually the kids and I are suffering from withdrawal symptoms (don't really know what to do with our Friday/Sunday nights now rehersals have finished!): the auditions for the next production are tonight (in about an hour's time) and although I swore blind that I wouldn't perform in this one, I am very tempted to audition for a part. My kids are auditioning (at age 17 and 18 they have already decided that they are going for principal parts) - even though there are lots of lines to learn! The next production is at the end of April - let me know if you want tickets!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:28 AM

Love it! Your costume is marvelous! Know it had to be tons of fun for you! Yes, come back to quilting and share with us all!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:56 PM

Ah, wonderful. Theatricals are so much fun.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 PM

your outfit looks great. I envy you being able to do what you do. I love going to our community theather here in wichita. It always lifts my spirits when I go. thanks to talented people such AS YOURSELF.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by bigbrownowl View Post
Well, Scakes, if you are near Darlington in County Durham, next year in the middle of January, you would be very welcome! Actually the kids and I are suffering from withdrawal symptoms (don't really know what to do with our Friday/Sunday nights now rehersals have finished!): the auditions for the next production are tonight (in about an hour's time) and although I swore blind that I wouldn't perform in this one, I am very tempted to audition for a part. My kids are auditioning (at age 17 and 18 they have already decided that they are going for principal parts) - even though there are lots of lines to learn! The next production is at the end of April - let me know if you want tickets!!!
Thanks for the invitation. If I make it over your way, I'll come see it. :-)
Old 01-30-2012, 01:34 AM

We went to the auditions for the next production last night. I can't believe that there is so much amateur talent in such a small town! We will wait for the call this week! I was so impressed with my son and daughter - as a parent you don't often see your kids in the same way that other people do: my son had them creased up with laughter - and that was just at the auditions! I think he is very funny, but it is gratifying when others see the talent he has!

I run Girl Guides with my friend who is wardrobe mistress for the company, so if I don't get a part, I have offered my services to Costume making! I am pretty handy with a drill, hammer and nails, so I am sure I will find a job "behind the scenes"!

crtwelvecats - I had never acted before this year. I took the kids for the auditions, and ended up getting a part myself. All I can say is, if you fancy giving it a go, then give it a go! We never know what we are capable of until we try something! One of my resolutions this year is to take up some new hobbies, and learn some new skills. Last year it was acting, and I think I am going to enjoy carrying that on. Three years ago it was to take up quilting - look where that got me!

Last edited by bigbrownowl; 01-30-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 AM

Looks like you were having fun!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:25 AM

looks like fun. thanks for sharing.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:03 AM

Great costume and I agree it looks like fun and fun to watch!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:53 AM

Just to let you know that I received a call yesterday evening, offering me a part in our next production! At least my Friday and Sunday evenings will be taken up with rehersals again. Both kids also got a part, so they are happy too.

Might have to shelve all those quilting projects I had planned...