Paying the price

Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 AM

What do you o when member;s don;t pay the bill. I know I should have waited for the money but I was new and trusted everyone. I even refunded some oistage that was done in error. Been taken one on postage and once the part not paid but 2,00 postage was paid. I have contacted them and nothing but stories.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

I would bring this up with a moderator. I don't think we are supposed to discuss it in the forum :wink:
Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

I would give the person/people a week to respond, then contact admin or patricej to see what to do next.

I would also try to see if there were any recent posts (check the user list for posts and topics and also "search" ) to indicate if there were any emergencies or illnesses that had occurred. Stuff does happen.

But once in a while there is a not-so-nice person that mucks it up for the rest of us.

THEN -

What I would like to do (don't know if I really would or not)(or even be allowed to), put out that so and so - maybe should refrain from using "real name" - agreed to such and such and did not pay on the board.

In main, GCC, the classifieds, and swaps. Just to cover all the bases.

But maybe I should be quiet - I am pretty sure I do not owe anyone any money - but I do "owe" a few things I've promised to send. :oops:
Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM

As I said...I got burned on another forum; unfortunately there are dishonest people who take advantage of others. One gal was using a different name on each forum, so cannot trace from one to another. No more gift giving, secret santas, secret pals, anything for me...the fun of it was ruined by those kinds of people. It is easy to hide behind a computer.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Google Goddess

please contact admin or patriceJ (moderator) and let them know about this,
Old 08-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bearisgray
What I would like to do (don't know if I really would or not)(or even be allowed to), put out that so and so - maybe should refrain from using "real name" - agreed to such and such and did not pay on the board.
i understand the reasoning behind that idea. if i was the person who'd gotten stiffed, i'd want to be able to do that, too.

and yet, as soon as i switch perspectives from "stiffed-mode" to "moderator-mode", something about that idea puts knots in my stomach.

soooooooo ... since i'd rather not have to drink a bucket o'Pepto every day, i would ask that you not cave in to that particular temptation.

my tummy and i thank you. :-)
Old 08-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by bearisgray
i understand the reasoning behind that idea. if i was the person who'd gotten stiffed, i'd want to be able to do that, too.

and yet, as soon as i switch perspectives from "stiffed-mode" to "moderator-mode", something about that idea puts knots in my stomach.

soooooooo ... since i'd rather not have to drink a bucket o'Pepto every day, i would ask that you not cave in to that particular temptation.

my tummy and i thank you. :-)
So far - most of my revenge thoughts have not been acted on - most entities aren't worth the effort -

I also believe that - eventually - the universe does take care of the situation.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:43 AM

I always wait until I receive the money then ship. However, a new game is being employed. I was selling some of DGD Wii games. The young man paypaled me. Two days later he turned me in to Ebay that I had not sent his stuff. MD to CA in one day, really. Then he goes thru Paypal and they refund him from my account. PO shows he received the games. I am out games and money and a black spot on my Ebay account. So ship with signed receipt after you rec. the money.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hobo2000
I always wait until I receive the money then ship. However, a new game is being employed. I was selling some of DGD Wii games. The young man paypaled me. Two days later he turned me in to Ebay that I had not sent his stuff. MD to CA in one day, really. Then he goes thru Paypal and they refund him from my account. PO shows he received the games. I am out games and money and a black spot on my Ebay account. So ship with signed receipt after you rec. the money.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Were/Are you able to get any satisfaction from e-bay?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:53 PM

It was me. I immediately apoligized when the error was brought up. I made a mistake and I will be very careful in the future to NEVER let this happen again. I was cleaning my quilting room and tossed alot of paper stuff that I could not reuse, and was not sure of the name/address/forum name thing. I had sent money but it was only to cover postage (again, my mistake). I did not have your address on the forum pm's and immediately requested your address again.

Do not worry, you will be receiving the payment any time now, it has been mailed. Please contact me if you do not receive it soon.

Please accept my apology.

I am guilty of sending cash, so if you do not get the $5.00 I will resend with a money order for $5.00 or more for your troubles.