PayPal and taxes

Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 PM

Amen.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Thieves.
Yes, people that cheat on their taxes and do everything they can to get out of paying taxes are thieves. They're thieving from you. If everybody was honest and just paid their share then everybody's tax burden would be a little lower.
I meant my Amen to the above comment.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by ljorange
Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
Thieves.
Yes, people that cheat on their taxes and do everything they can to get out of paying taxes are thieves. They're thieving from you. If everybody was honest and just paid their share then everybody's tax burden would be a little lower.
I meant my Amen to the above comment.
I wasn't replying to you. It's difficult to tell exactly what you're replying to when you don't quote. Several people can be typing at once and your reply can end up directly below what you're replying to or it can end up two or three posts away from what you're replying to.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by natalieg
I recently visited with our accountant and got some disturbing news. I can't remember exactly what she said, where it is in the progression, but, the government is trying to be able to access PayPal for income purposes. I don't know if this is a definite thing or just in the plans....I am hoping it doesn't happen.
I know several of us from the board here will "gift" money through PayPal, but if they use it to start attaching as income, I am considering just selling for cash, check or money order when I sell anything on here or eBay. I would assume that if they saw several "gift" transactions throughout the year that would possibly be a red flag.
My understanding is that if this goes through, they will be going for any place that accepts payments like PayPal does.
Sad day.....
What it is - they want everybody to pay taxes on everything all the time! Some gov accountant is trying to change the current laws and getcha! But I think it could cost more than they would recover "closing the loopholes"!
There has been some talk about a national sales tax....but what about the states that depend on their own state tax revenue? nobody is not going to holler if they have to pay double! more fuzzy thinking?