Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Pet owners-  do you talk to your pets on the phone? >
  • Pet owners- do you talk to your pets on the phone?

• Pet owners- do you talk to your pets on the phone?

Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM

I am laughing at the memories you brought back to my mind. Some 15 yrs ago i had a Husky, love that dog! When he was a puppy he was at home alone whIle we were working and he would "destroy" things around the house so I used to call him and "reprimend" him for whatever he might have been doing that day. Dh and I would laugh about his reaction- hide under the table and stay still for some time.
    This past week Dh (not the same as above) was telling me he misses Pearl- our cat when he is at work, so I told him: put a camera and watch her in internet, see what she does around the house. We were laughing at the idea, I bet he is thinking about it.
    Old 09-20-2011, 08:27 PM

Im getting ready to go out of town for 6 days and was thinking of getting an answering machine so I could talk to my girls....(my husband will finally commit me) lol
    Old 09-20-2011, 09:00 PM
    Dee

When I worked I used to call and talk to her.
    Old 09-20-2011, 09:26 PM

Several years ago, while visiting my sister's home in the next town over, in Texas, her telephone rang. She looked at the caller ID, and said "Kelly, it's your number!" (I lived alone). She picked up the telephone and began to yell into it "I don't know who you are, but you'd better get the hell out of my sister's house now! I'm calling the police!" as she went to hang up, she heard "rowr". She started to laugh real hard and handed the phone to me. I put it to my ear to hear "meow". I had left my cordless phone laying on the bed, buttons up, and my cat Bruno stepped on the redial button! We had to drive the 22 miles back to my house to hang it up, since her home was long distance from mine! That's right, my cat made a long distance call, to tell me to come home! He is no longer allowed to use the phone, since he did not ask first!
    Old 09-20-2011, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
    Several years ago, while visiting my sister's home in the next town over, in Texas, her telephone rang. She looked at the caller ID, and said "Kelly, it's your number!" (I lived alone). She picked up the telephone and began to yell into it "I don't know who you are, but you'd better get the hell out of my sister's house now! I'm calling the police!" as she went to hang up, she heard "rowr". She started to laugh real hard and handed the phone to me. I put it to my ear to hear "meow". I had left my cordless phone laying on the bed, buttons up, and my cat Bruno stepped on the redial button! We had to drive the 22 miles back to my house to hang it up, since her home was long distance from mine! That's right, my cat made a long distance call, to tell me to come home! He is no longer allowed to use the phone, since he did not ask first!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 09-20-2011, 10:18 PM
    Kas

No, I haven't done that. But when I was in college, my roommate (and best friend) moved in with her boyfriend and took her cat. We had been friends since the 3rd grade and I had helped her pick out her kitten "Feets". Feets had extra toes on all four feet. Anyway, my friends parents loved her cat and one day her dad called. Only he asked to speak to Feets! I wasn't thinking and said, "Feets doesn't live here anymore." Oops! I recovered quickly and said I was kidding, but that she was taking a nap. Whew! That was close.
    Old 09-20-2011, 10:42 PM

When our oldest son joined the Marines and was sent overseas he missed the dog so much he'd call and we held the phone to her ear. She would get real excited and whine and then look for him. It helped him and her too.Thanks for reminding us how an animal can miss the owner. He came home safely. What a reunion.
    Old 09-21-2011, 02:56 AM

When I am at work I would call my pug and say Chowser get off the couch now. It worked DH told me he came home sick one day didn't pick phone up fast enough and saw it.
    Old 09-21-2011, 08:51 AM

yes, I do too. My boxer will "speak" back when I talk to him!!
    Old 09-21-2011, 09:22 AM

When my husband travels on business I will put him on the speaker and when he calls our dogs name he comes crashing into the room. Our dog sits by the phone and tilts his head side to side its so cute.

If we leave him at the pet resort they actually post a daily journal online so everyone can see what their day was like. Sometimes they post photos too I swear we worry about our boxer like he's one of our children lol, I know its sad isn't it!