Pet Pictures

Old 11-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Power Poster

I have 4 stray cats, 2 were ferals and a big dog we saved from gross neglect and a chihuahua MIL returned to humane society that I was sure would be put to sleep, she wasn't taught anything from the begining and is not good with other dogs and cats. My 2 poodles are getting up in age.
My Hubby didn't want all these animals either but, he has them anyway. It was let me have the animals I want or he could hit the bricks and he is still here. I'm good at bluffing and he is smart enough to not see if I really mean it.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:53 PM

Awww such cute pictures. I will post some of Kyia, aka Baby Girl, and the late Dugan when I get home.

Kyia
Old 11-21-2010, 06:33 PM

Well I guess I wll post my furbabies as well. "Cash" is our Golden Retriever. He is 6 years old.( 75 lbs.)He has a fetish for Tennis Balls!!!!!
"Bernie" is our "Pitbull / Hound" Mix. We rescued her. She was found in an alley with her 8 brothers and sisters and was being fed by a 5 year old boy. She is a very very very sweet dog.. She is 3 years old now (85 lbs. )

"Cash"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131448[/ATTACH]

"Bernie"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131449[/ATTACH]

"Cash and Bernie"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131450[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131443.jpe   attachment-131444.jpe   attachment-131445.jpe  
Old 11-21-2010, 06:48 PM

This is Sadie, she's my mid-life crisis. Instead of a red sports car, I chose Sadie. I've enjoyed her more than I ever dreamed. I felt a connection the first time I laid eyes on her. She is such a sweetie. At the end of a day of sewing she has strings hanging all over her - that truly makes me smile. :-D

Sadie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131453[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131448.jpe  
Old 11-21-2010, 06:52 PM

Ahhh Sadie is sooo cute!!!! and I know what you mean by strings hanging. lol. Bernie thinks she has to lay right under my feet so she catches anything that falls
Old 11-21-2010, 06:53 PM

My daughter in Texas has rescue critters, each of which had his/her own strange ideas of how they should be treated. Bob, the oldest ball of fur is afraid of the back yard and will only go out with the other guys, Sadie, the sheep dog is a lady and begs for slices of tomatoes, Sammy the huge Boxer she found starving on a deserted road when he was about 3 months old, he still insists on sleeping on or near DD's lap when she is reading, and Cyril was the savage one. He had the snarl of an enraged Doberman, hated strangers, tried to kill any kids.
GD went to work summers at a boarding kennel and was so appalled at the treatment of the creatures there that she called the SPCA. The owners had brought Cyril for boarding and never returned, so the boarders tossed him outside the fence. GD claimed him when the SPCA came, the guy just grinned and told her to take "Her" dog to the vet. Cost several hundred dollars to get him fixed up, from removing all the teeth but 2 back ones...did I mention that he was about a 5 pound Manchester Terrier with no front teeth? The only one he loved was my DD and GDD, disliked the other dogs who walked softly around him. Still, everyone cried when he went to the Rainbow Bridge.
DD is continuing our family's ability to connect with animals with strong ideas of how the world should be run around them. And we let them get away with it.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Thought I'd join in and share pictures of my babies. Sadie (short for sadistic kitty) is about 13 years old. She was left at our local kennel. She's a bit sleepy - as usual.

Morgan is a 7 year old Soft coated wheaton terrier. He doesn't know he's 7 - still full of puppy love and energy. We got him after we lost your 16 year old cocker spaniel.

And Spencer, our 8 year old Maltese that we got from our DD after her second son decided he was a squeeze toy. He's been with us for almost 2 years, he's not going "home".

Sadie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131464[/ATTACH]

Morgan
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131465[/ATTACH]

Spencer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131466[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131459.jpe   attachment-131460.jpe   attachment-131461.jpe  
Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 PM

and Cyril was the savage one. He had the snarl of an enraged Doberman, hated strangers, tried to kill any kids.
GD went to work summers at a boarding kennel and was so appalled at the treatment of the creatures there that she called the SPCA. The owners had brought Cyril for boarding and never returned, so the boarders tossed him outside the fence. GD claimed him when the SPCA came, the guy just grinned and told her to take "Her" dog to the vet. Cost several hundred dollars to get him fixed up, from removing all the teeth but 2 back ones...did I mention that he was about a 5 pound Manchester Terrier with no front teeth?
--------------------CORRECTION...CORRECTION
I've been corrected...daughter says Cyril was a YORKIE..a Yorkshire Terrier, NOT A MANCHESTER. She was emphatic about that. Other than Dobermans, I'm agreeable about dogs being called anything they want. I just now googled Manchester and it looked sorta like a Dobie to me. NOT CYRIL at all. I'm sorry, Sandy.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:28 AM

It's so wonderful to see how many beautiful pets are rescued, most people I meet when out walking my two have rescue dogs and they are very much loved, why can't everyone be like that.!! My two are Joey and Sasha,on my avatar, also rescue dogs both aged 10 and are our furbabies. Love them to bits !!
Sasha (female)is the brown and white one.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Kas

What sweeties! My sister has two cats (brother & sister) named Freya and Loki!