Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Phone SCAM alert - IRS final notice >

Phone SCAM alert - IRS final notice

Phone SCAM alert - IRS final notice

Old 11-19-2014, 08:08 AM

I got a call like this and I called them back, and I spoke to a guy who was Indian. He didn't even have my name, so I asked if he didn't know my name, how could he know if I owed the IRS anything? That kind of threw him and he started being all stupid with me, telling me how I was going to have to go before a judge if I didn't deal this matter. I told him that HE was going to have a legal problem if he called again as I am on the National Do Not Call list....he swore at me and hung up. LOL
Old 11-19-2014, 08:14 AM

they don't know how to count either I must of got a hundred second and finale notices from a credit card company LOl
Old 11-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoyjoyMarie View Post
We don't answer the phone unless it registers someone we know. Anyone else gets to leave a message and we return the call, if appropriate.

But this week we got a new one: The sender on the phone listed us as the caller, complete name and phone number as if we were calling ourselves from our own phone. Weird. Of course, we did not leave ourselves any message, so who knows who (or what machine) was calling! Am curious if anyone else has had this happen!
Yes- this happens to us! Also get emails from myself that of course I didn't sent. I delete those without opening.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:06 PM

I have had any number of people want to buy a pup and pay with cashiers check and have me send big balance on to them a number of times. I have let them send me the checks or M Orders and had two get really upset because it did not wire on to them right away. Last one started cussing me out and I said sweetly, say that tomy face and I will blow your feet off. After any number of these, I do not get them any more, must have passed my name to the bunch of crooks that do this. Best to ignore these calls. I turned postal Money orders and all other information .including envelope in to post office as that is a federal offense
Old 11-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

If I don't know who is calling, I don't answer. Caller I.D, is a great and wonderful invention. I use it all the time.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:35 AM

I posted the scam alert on my FB page and my GF said her sister got the call, and the caller kept calling and harassing her after that. She told the caller that the IRS does not call people to resolve issues, that the IRS sends mail! LOL
Old 11-20-2014, 09:25 AM

Yep, happened to my husband and I a few weeks ago. Automated message left on machine to call this 800 number from the IRS. When we called, the man with a thick accent said our names and we owed them money and that we could pay with a credit card. My husband said to send us info in the mail in which he said they cant do that. Hubby said we weren't going to pay then and the man with an angry voice said he was going to send the local police to our house to arrest me!
Husband said ok, I'll be waiting for them. Also the guy said he was going to deport me! I've never been out of the United States!!! Where would they send me? LOL!!!! Yes, it's a scam and the IRS does not do business that way.