Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Pic of one of my babies

  1. #1
    Super Member kitsykeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,018

    Pic of one of my babies

    Just wanted to share this pic of my baby boy.Name:  April doll quilt from Lv2sew2011 001.JPG
Views: 1512
Size:  112.9 KB
    Kitsy

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Such a cutie! and those beautiful eyes

  3. #3
    Senior Member coloradosky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    795
    Beautiful little one. Congratulations and enjoy every moment.

  4. #4
    Super Member dakotamaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South central Nebraska, US
    Posts
    5,585
    Kitsy, he is beautiful, it he real?
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!



  5. #5
    Senior Member Diannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    915
    What a gorgeous doll! Diannia
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mission Viejo, CA
    Posts
    829
    Blog Entries
    27
    He's a sweetie!
    Mother yourself just as you would your own children, you will be surprised how much better you feel...Debbie Marie

  7. #7
    Power Poster Jingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside St. Louis
    Posts
    28,623
    Beautiful real looking doll. Did you make it?
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

  8. #8
    Super Member kitsykeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    He is a doll and no I did not make him. I purchased him because he looks so real and he is so cuddly to hold. Glad you all like him.
    Kitsy

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    424
    Blog Entries
    2
    My goodness glad someone else asked if he was real! Thought it was my eyes playing tricks! So very cute!

  10. #10
    Power Poster solstice3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citrus County, Florida
    Posts
    10,399
    beautiful features

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    8,115
    Are you a doll collector?

  12. #12
    Super Member kitsykeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    Yes Geri B. I am a collector of dolls. Have posted a number of them on the board with their doll quilts from swaps. Do you collect?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Are you a doll collector?
    Kitsy

  13. #13
    Super Member llong0233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Desert Southwest
    Posts
    1,140
    Sheer perfection. But I'm a skeptic...perfection doesn't exist in humans? Is this little beauty perhaps not human???
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

  14. #14
    Super Member Rose_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas area, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,076
    Wow - so cute! It reminds me of a time when my DD was in high school. I went to a huge garage sale they were having to raise band money. From the parking lot, I could see a woman in the distance holding up (what looked for all the world like) a baby, in the air over her head, smiling at its face. Then she carelessly put it down on the table and walked away, which startled me until I realized it was a doll. I made a beeline over there and bought it and I still have it, though I don't collect dolls. It fits some of my kids' long outgrown baby clothes, and is always on display in our guest room.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

  15. #15
    Super Member rosiewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Benicia, Ca
    Posts
    2,082
    what a beautiful doll! I want one of those!

  16. #16
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tallmadge, OH
    Posts
    5,059
    Is that a doll? It looks like one of those life-like dolls. Beautiful!

  17. #17
    Super Member oldtnquiltinglady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, TN
    Posts
    1,200
    Blog Entries
    9
    I, for one, thought you had taken a picture of your real baby and thought "such pretty blond hair"--Oh well. I didn't know dolls were so real--I am into Raggedy Ann/Andy dolls. And I, too, had one of those "eyes wide open" moments at our local county fair one year when I noticed several folks walking around carrying a baby in a blanket, then saw one of the ladies lay it down on one of the display racks and walk off and leave it there. I nearly fainted. So I walked over there and looked closer, and sure enough, it wasn't moving--but it for sure looked real, real, real....even up close. BTW, it won all the ribbons in that category that year, even best of show.
    Make every day count for something!

    JoAnn

  18. #18
    Super Member kitsykeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    He is perhaps NOT human. He is too perfect isn't he?

    Quote Originally Posted by llong0233 View Post
    Sheer perfection. But I'm a skeptic...perfection doesn't exist in humans? Is this little beauty perhaps not human???
    Kitsy

  19. #19
    Super Member kitsykeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    That's too funny. I posted in another thread about looking for Ann and Andy panel to make more dolls. Do you know of any patterns besides the McCall one? They sell the panels at Raggedy Land but way to expensive for me. I only paid $10.00 nine years ago for the dolls and their clothes. If you know of another source for the panels, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any hel[p.

    Quote Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
    I, for one, thought you had taken a picture of your real baby and thought "such pretty blond hair"--Oh well. I didn't know dolls were so real--I am into Raggedy Ann/Andy dolls. And I, too, had one of those "eyes wide open" moments at our local county fair one year when I noticed several folks walking around carrying a baby in a blanket, then saw one of the ladies lay it down on one of the display racks and walk off and leave it there. I nearly fainted. So I walked over there and looked closer, and sure enough, it wasn't moving--but it for sure looked real, real, real....even up close. BTW, it won all the ribbons in that category that year, even best of show.
    Kitsy

  20. #20
    Super Member kitsykeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    Yes, Matraina, he is a doll. Thanks for looking and I'm glad you like him.

    Quote Originally Posted by matraina View Post
    Is that a doll? It looks like one of those life-like dolls. Beautiful!
    Kitsy

  21. #21
    Super Member kitsykeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    Good for you Rose P. Glad you bought the doll and display it. I get such pleasure every day just looking at my pretties.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
    Wow - so cute! It reminds me of a time when my DD was in high school. I went to a huge garage sale they were having to raise band money. From the parking lot, I could see a woman in the distance holding up (what looked for all the world like) a baby, in the air over her head, smiling at its face. Then she carelessly put it down on the table and walked away, which startled me until I realized it was a doll. I made a beeline over there and bought it and I still have it, though I don't collect dolls. It fits some of my kids' long outgrown baby clothes, and is always on display in our guest room.
    Kitsy

  22. #22
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Posts
    15,888
    Blog Entries
    3
    I knew a gal who did porcelain dolls and they really looked real. So much sometimes it was a little scary.

  23. #23
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    10,725
    He is beautiful.....so life like...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.