Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Picnic Foods for the 4th of July >

Picnic Foods for the 4th of July

Picnic Foods for the 4th of July

Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Porterhouse steaks (from our own beef) on the grill, cucumbers from our garden, spinach salad (spinach from our garden), homemade ice cream. We will eat about 7 pm then watch the community fireworks from our front yard (they are set off from the HS football field just down the road from us). My dad(84) and step mom will join us. Our dd and her hubby in OH are not coming home for the holiday, our youngest dd is with her boyfriend at his family's summer home on Lake Erie, and DS and his family have plans with friends. I am planning to do some sewing during the day.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:01 AM

I'm staying home. A girlfriend is coming over this morning. We are going out for breakfast and then we are doing "arts and crafts" (her term). She's bringing the cushions from her dining room chairs to be recovered and I finally have my plywood, batting, and home dec fabric to make my much needed BIG pressing board.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:02 AM

We're taking oven fried chicken, potato salad and brownies to the fireworks. Maybe also some green onions and tomatoes.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:13 AM

Going to grandson's house for cookout and fireworks. I'm taking beach bread. Making cinnamon rolls for daughter to take to a work party.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:19 AM

Staying home today and TRYING to straighten out my stash. DH is doing computer work and I will cook a Beef,Carrot, and potato stew , rice, cucumber and Tomato salad and peach ice cream. Wanna come over ?????? Supper is at 5 PM . Hugs and happy Fourth of JULY. will watch the Washington, DC, fire works on TV.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:17 AM

We have a communal thing at our church---since fireworks are legal in that town, we tell people to bring theirs to shoot off in our parking lot (safer than in the street) We fire up the gas grills and let families bring whatever meat they want to eat plus a side or a beverage to share. Hubby and I are having steak and I bought 20 ears of corn to share!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:45 AM

We are going to a pool party and picnic at my SIL. Not very good weather for a picnic. They are predicting torrential downpours today. Possible 2 inches or more. I made grape salad, cookies and bacon, lettuce and tomato spread. There will bo tons of other food and we will probably end up in the house chatting.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:00 AM

We are having BBQ pork steak and chicken legs with homemade potato salad, devilled eggs, baked beans and caramel apple salad with banana pudding for dessert. It's just me and the DH today and I know the food will be delicious because we are making it. Fireworks later tonight.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:46 AM

All American 4th of July. Fried Chicken, mac salad, potato salad, baked beans and a red, white and blue cake. Can hardly wait for sunset to see the fireworks over the lake.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:35 PM

Here in TN we are getting rain, rain, and more rain. Almost 6" in a week. It is raining now and the fireworks may be canceled. If we don't get out of the way, the grass will run over you!