Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my area!

I had a friend come to visit yesterday who had never been to this beautiful part of Oregon. We went to Paulina Peak (one heck of a drive up on a one lane road) and took some pictures at sunset. Thought you all might enjoy this!

Mt. Bachelor and The Sisters
    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...eSisters-1.jpg[/IMG]

Paulina Lake from Paulina Peak
    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...linaPeak-1.jpg[/IMG]

Sunset
    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...linaPeak-1.jpg[/IMG]

Another Sunset
    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...NIC/VIEW-1.jpg[/IMG]

a view
    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...erryRoad-1.jpg[/IMG]

Wow---those are absolutely gorgeous. I have never been to Oregon before and I see I am missing quite a bit. Will have to add it to my bucket list. Thanks for sharing!

WOW those are really stunning.

How awesome to be able to see that in person! :lol:

How beautiful!

Thank you -- and if you haven't been to Oregon -- this is only ONE peak you can get on top of! Oregon has such a variety....desert, high desert (where I am), Cascade Mountains, Valley (where Portland, Salem, Eugene are located) and the coast. ALL of them have such a different variety of sites.....I've been here all my life, traveled to many other states and still love Oregon the best.

It's beautiful! When are you inviting the rest of us to come and visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisanne
    It's beautiful! When are you inviting the rest of us to come and visit?
    ANY time!!! up until Nov 1 that is...then we're heading south.....AWAY from my sewing machine!!!!! :shock:

Izy
    What a beautiful part of the world you are lucky to live in!! Thanks for sharing your fantastic photo's with us all :D

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Thank you -- and if you haven't been to Oregon -- this is only ONE peak you can get on top of! Oregon has such a variety....desert, high desert (where I am), Cascade Mountains, Valley (where Portland, Salem, Eugene are located) and the coast. ALL of them have such a different variety of sites.....I've been here all my life, traveled to many other states and still love Oregon the best.
    Beautiful pictures! I don't know much about Oregon, but when you say desert, and high desert, is it like Arizona desert?

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    Beautiful pictures! I don't know much about Oregon, but when you say desert, and high desert, is it like Arizona desert?
    The high desert is like the upper portion of Arizona. We have Ponderosa Pines and Lodgepole pines on our property and all around us. Further north and further south are a lot of Juniper Pines. Further east is the desert....which is like the southern part of Arizona...only no cactus. VERY VERY eastern Oregon -- near Idaho up high in the mountains are small pricley pear cactus! The eastern part is long and flat and bare......BORING! But then you get way further, closer to Idaho, and you have beautiful mountains and rivers again! One of these days, when I have more time, I'll post a blog showing the different areas.....and let you all know. Course, that may mean more people move here.......hmmmmmmmmmm I'll have to think on that!!! LOL

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Awesome, breathtaking,,,,,,thanks for sharing

Banned
    gorgeous pictures, thabks for sharing

Power Poster
    beautiful sights!

The high desert is like the upper portion of Arizona. We have Ponderosa Pines and Lodgepole pines on our property and all around us. Further north and further south are a lot of Juniper Pines. Further east is the desert....which is like the southern part of Arizona...only no cactus. VERY VERY eastern Oregon -- near Idaho up high in the mountains are small pricley pear cactus! The eastern part is long and flat and bare......BORING! But then you get way further, closer to Idaho, and you have beautiful mountains and rivers again! One of these days, when I have more time, I'll post a blog showing the different areas.....and let you all know. Course, that may mean more people move here.......hmmmmmmmmmm I'll have to think on that!!! LOL
    Please post more pics, I promise not to move there!! It's gorgeous. Do you get alot of snow where you are? Are you near the Sisters outdoor quilt show?

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    Please post more pics, I promise not to move there!! It's gorgeous. Do you get alot of snow where you are? Are you near the Sisters outdoor quilt show?
    Oh, yes, we get LOTS of snow most years. Four years ago, our first year here, we had an average of 30" of snow for 6 months!!! LOL -- but the SUN shines!!!! It's almost like living in a Christmas Card. I'm 24 miles south of Bend and Bend is 20 miles east of Sisters. YES, I'm close but would you believe (I'm almost embarrassed to mention this), I've never been to a quilt show! Since moving here, there's been something else planned every time. NEXT year!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing your world! :D

Breathtaking! Thank you.

what's your address? and when do you serve coffee and rolls with butter?

Beautiful! Love those trees!

judee

Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing

How beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Those are beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I really should have taken geography etc. in high school...was too busy with English, Science, and business machines.
    I did not know, Oregon had desert! I am in the deep South, and think of all the northern states as pretty and ccccooold! That's the way I remember the ones I've been to.
    Those sure are some purty pictures. You must not be a real densely populated state, you don't hear much about Oregon. I guess Washington, Utah, etc. kind of overshadow, and all the ppl living in Oregon are glad for it...want to keep it their little secret, huh?
    We used to be that way about Florida! My uncle who lives in Massachusetts, claims Florida is going to drop off into the ocean...the way we're getting packed, he might be right! :shock:
    Good thing I can float!

Oregon has actually 5 different geographical areas (I think that's what it's called). I remember when I was 12 going to Alabama...I'd always heard how hot it is there....was SO surprised they had GREEN PLANTS! Actually, this high desert gets highs in the 100s (not since I've been here) and lows of 40 below...lowest I've seen is 20 below (night time).

Here's a couple more pics:

Crater Lake national park
    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...zardIsland.jpg[/IMG]

The Three Sisters during the day
    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...TheSisters.jpg[/IMG]

Wikiup Reservoir -- 20 miles from my house
    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...C/P1040895.jpg[/IMG]

A creek about a mile from my house:
    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...p_camp_019.jpg[/IMG]

And lastly -- my house with snow about 20" or so
    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...ctures2004.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast