Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pin Cushion Challenge Bermuda Guild of Stitchery 2014

Quote Originally Posted by fran624 View Post
    Wow that is beautiful Would love to know how to attach the head & hands to the bottom of the pincushion. Thank you so much for showing this.
    Thank you Fran! I cut a square of the turquoise velvet. Made a little hole in the middle and slipped over her head. Folded the velvet in half (with the head on) and slightly stuffed her upper chest and arms . Hand sewed down a 'tube' shaped to make the arms. Pushed in hands and made the cuff tight to hold them. Hope this is of help?????

that is so beautiful

Blog Entries
    Thank you Kathryn That helps a lot. Now how to attach to the bottom of the pin cushion. I have porcelain head which I have put on a plastic cone & made lace dresses for them also crocheted dress to make an angel but am not too good at sewing. Sorry to bother you so much but I really love your creation. You are very talented. I have booked marked this & whenever I open this pc I come to stare at the beautiful pincushion you made. Thank you again

She is so pretty. Are your pin cushions supposed to be used? I don't think I could stick pins in her, she is too sweet

Quote Originally Posted by fran624 View Post
    Thank you Kathryn That helps a lot. Now how to attach to the bottom of the pin cushion. I have porcelain head which I have put on a plastic cone & made lace dresses for them also crocheted dress to make an angel but am not too good at sewing. Sorry to bother you so much but I really love your creation. You are very talented. I have booked marked this & whenever I open this pc I come to stare at the beautiful pincushion you made. Thank you again
    No bother at all I love helping you! After I made her 'skirt' and stuffed it, I cut a hole in the top, pushed her velvet torso in the hole and did some hand stitching to hold her in. I hope this helps you. She is not on any stick or pole or anything, if that makes sense? Thank you so much for liking what I make!

Quote Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
    She is so pretty. Are your pin cushions supposed to be used? I don't think I could stick pins in her, she is too sweet
    I sew pretty much everyday, it is my passion and solace. I like to use what I make, it makes me happy! This will be a lovely reminder of my dear Mummy!

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Amazing! And pretty!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Wowzers! I thought we had some beautiful and intricate pincushions in the swap here on the board, but nothing like this one. She is beautiful!
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    Hi Kathryn Me again. I remember some where in my pile of stuff I have a cloth body that I was suppose to add the head & hands & then stuff it. I am going to try & use that. I can't get over how beautiful she is. I hope this thread goes on for a long time since I get notice when it comes on. that way I remember to come & look at it again. bye for now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2