Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
plastic strawberry containers >

plastic strawberry containers

plastic strawberry containers

Old 05-02-2013, 01:05 PM

Default Strawberry Container

I have an a green basket type strawberry container that I keep all my little odds and ends in. Take narrow strips of fabric and basket weave them in and around and up and down the sides. Hot glue to secure. Line the inside of the basket with a coordinating fabric and hot glue to rim. Finish top edge with lace and a silk flower tied with a delicate bow. This is a really good project for a church or school bizarre. Or just to put on your sewing table. Have fun! ~ SugarCookie
Old 05-02-2013, 03:13 PM

I save mine cause I like to make chocolate covered strawberries. I make them up and put them in muffin baking cups and then put them in the container. Just a little something to take visiting when we go. DH's brothers family enjoy them and it is something they don't make. Shhhhhhh, though on how easy they are, i just put some white cholclate on top to decorate.They are also good for putting a paper towel in and take cookies. I don't have to worry about the holes in the bottom cause at the family get togethers there is none left. I hate to take a container to worry about so I do this or get a container at the store that the hostess can keep.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:45 PM

Thats really sad I try so hard to reuse or recycle.
Our recycle just started accepting the wax containers, like cottage cheese, milk cartons.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:53 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

we serve meals at a St Vincent De Paul and place baked goods in them for the folks to take out
Old 05-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I remember using the green basket type the Kindergarten class I taught. We put a twig in the bottom one, a fake bird on the twig and laced both pieces together and the kids all had a pet bird.
That sounds cute. I would love to see one.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 PM

This is a huge problem I have. I manage to save stacks of those sturdy black containers that frozen microwave foods come in. Had a sm. one tonight & still haven't tossed it.

I also have a prob. with the little white plastic Caesar's dog food boxes. I currently use them on a shelf in my sewing rm. to put individual machine feet in so they'll be handy. Then I get disgusted & toss them all out. Seems like such a waste.

l

Originally Posted by nvb50 View Post
The plastic containers that fresh fruit comes in. Do any of you know of a good reason for me to keep them, or should I put them in the recicle container?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:41 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I just asked my daughters to save all their milk jugs and any strawberry containers as I can use them to recycle my own way (milk jugs-but and use instead of a plate for pots, the containers-to hold many different items, tools in my sewing room). Also can use the milk jugs cut down for a crayon table so many possibilites for re-use.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:43 AM

Paper coffee basket filters make great liners to keep the dirt from washing out of pots and other containers. Strong when wet! Another great tip that I saw in a magazine recently was to start individual seeds in the little "pods" from Keurig coffee makers.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:22 AM

At our house we re-purpose them all summer long. We pick cherry tomatoes or berries and then either store them in the boxes until they are used, canned or frozen or shared with friends and family. They look nicer in the containers when we give them away than in a plastic sack.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM

I admit it. . .I am a saver! Anytime anyone wants something, they come to Mom's Store. What gets me is that every once in a while I sort thru and throw out. The next week I really need what I threw out. Go figure!!!