Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Please, No Posting for the Next Few Weeks

We're set to finish moving this weekend. Sometime today or tomorrow our cable and internet will be turned off and I'm not sure how soon we'll get back online. So I'm asking everyone not to post for a few weeks, otherwise I'll get too far behind.

:lol: Okay, I'm kidding. Seriously, I'll probably go into withdrawal without being able to check the QB several times a day. :cry: On the other hand, maybe I'll be able to get my sewing room organized more quickly without internet access. :wink:

Now I'm off to try to finish packing. Have I mentioned how much I hate moving? :|

Sandy

Ah, think of it like finding a treasure chest. When you get back.. there will be PAGES AND PAGEs of new things to read. And it will be a wonderful way to spend your time relaxing from the move. I move in two weeks myself. I have the house totally packed up except for my machine and fabric and the computer. The rest can live in boxes. This.. this has to stay. Good luck with your move.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You will have lots to catch up with when you get back here. By that time you will need a rest from packing, moving, unpacking and getting organized so the masses of postings will be a great way to relax. Be careful and have fun.

Banned
    :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    me quit talking????????????? now thats a good one to laugh about :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you get a break check out your local library and spend an hour on the computer there and check in on us......please!

Oooh, I would really miss this board!!! Good luck on the move and we'll see you soon.

May your move go quickly & easily. Opening boxes will be like Xmas all over. ;)

sandy, your gonna have so much fun packing, moving and unpacking, putting away, arranging, then rearranging cause you don't like that,...all day long, for days and days and days...your going to forget all about us and decide to just keep on cleaning.
    Now, aren't you glad that's not really gonna happen?:wink:

Oh, we are going to miss you. Come back and see us as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    sandy, your gonna have so much fun packing, moving and unpacking, putting away, arranging, then rearranging cause you don't like that,...all day long, for days and days and days...your going to forget all about us and decide to just keep on cleaning.

We're still hooked up, so I popped back in. I can't take a long break; I've still got packing to do. :cry: If we can't get back online soon, I will go to the library. I think I can use my laptop there and take advantage of their wireless capability. If I have to use one of their computers I'll be limited to 30 minutes. :shock:

I will really miss everyone here on the days I can't get online. If you won't stop posting while I'm gone, at least be good! :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy1951
    I will go to the library.
    There ya go. Where there's a will, there's a bush. (One of my teachers used to say that).

Blog Entries
    I am glad to hear that you are forming a back up plan :D:D:D

Good luck with your move! To heck with the rest of the house just make sure your sewing room is up and running pdq! Enjoy your new digs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy1951
    We're set to finish moving this weekend. Sometime today or tomorrow our cable and internet will be turned off and I'm not sure how soon we'll get back online. So I'm asking everyone not to post for a few weeks, otherwise I'll get too far behind.

:lol: Okay, I'm kidding. Seriously, I'll probably go into withdrawal without being able to check the QB several times a day. :cry: On the other hand, maybe I'll be able to get my sewing room organized more quickly without internet access. :wink:

Now I'm off to try to finish packing. Have I mentioned how much I hate moving? :|

Sandy
    Think of all the things you will find when you pack.

Good luck with the move! Enjoy all your toys all over again when you get resettled!

Awww, Sandy, I feel for you!! I HATE to move and only do it with much kicking and screaming (kicking boxes out of my way and screaming when I hurt my foot). Seriously though, I hope all goes well for you and you're not without cable for very long....

We have lived in this house for 28 years, so I can't imagine packing up and moving. It gives me nightmares just thinking about it. I think I'll just stay here and leave it all for my kids after I'm gone! Now that's what I call payback!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honey
    We have lived in this house for 28 years, so I can't imagine packing up and moving. It gives me nightmares just thinking about it. I think I'll just stay here and leave it all for my kids after I'm gone! Now that's what I call payback!!
    I'm with you :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Oh no....withdrawal!! :lol: :lol: Don't worry, we'll all still be here waiting for you to come back. Hope the move goes smoothly! We'll see ya' soon!

We're still hooked up! But my granddaughters are here helping me and everyone else will be back in a few minutes. We've lived here for over 25 years, so we've accumulated a lot of junk, er...possessions. Right now Cleo's (8) packing up some pictures that for some reason weren't already packed and she's asking me about each picture. Bless her heart, but...

Morgan (4) just finished cleaning a stand (with about half a can of Pledge), but now needs something else to do, so I'd better go find her something. Oops, my help just arrived, I'd better go.

Linda McD, if I don't get back before you move, good luck! I've got a whining 4-year-old on my arm, boy, she's making it hard for me to type.

I'll miss you guys! :( Be back as soon as possible. Cleo wants me to put this smiley in: :mrgreen:

Sandy

Blog Entries
    LMBO what great "help" you have :D:D:D
    I hope the rest of the packing and moving go well for you!!
    You can't help but collect lots of "possessions" after 25 years :D:D:D

mcdonalds and a lot of coffee shops have free wi-fi access also.

Blog Entries
    Ugh...I remember moving after 23 yrs......yuck! I'm trying to do better since we moved into half the space we used to have, but in the 9 yrs. we've lived here...I... um...haven't done well in the not "gathering" stuff. :oops: